Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Ah, thanks on the ATS. I should have known that.

Any chance the ATS was the source of the problem? They (Iota brand) were recalled by Keystone on our last rig, as they lugs would loosen and cause a fire, or the neutral would slip off.
I don't think so. We found that loose neutral at the shore power plug and I believe that is what fried things "down stream". Windish is giving the electrical a once over from the plug on down. The day the Fireplace fried, I grabbed the meter and checked voltage at the converter and had 220V on one leg and 0V on the other !!. That has to mean that there was a serious back feed somewhere, I believe the plug dropped the neutral.

None the less, when I get her home, I am putting in the Progressive EMS.
__________________

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Wow - come to think of it, I better check that plug as well.

I always said bah humbug on the surge suppression, but for this rig, with all the electronics, I went with the Progressive EMS as well. Its installed up above the generator near the ATS.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 210
WHAT HAPPENED TO JEFF?

Maybe he heard enough!!!! I think everyone was very respectful and loaded with solutions.
__________________
Jay D. and Rhonda J Garrett
2015 RW38GK
2014 RAM 3500 DUALLY
Full timers Oct 2014
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #24
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
I don't think so. We found that loose neutral at the shore power plug and I believe that is what fried things "down stream". Windish is giving the electrical a once over from the plug on down. The day the Fireplace fried, I grabbed the meter and checked voltage at the converter and had 220V on one leg and 0V on the other !!. That has to mean that there was a serious back feed somewhere, I believe the plug dropped the neutral.

None the less, when I get her home, I am putting in the Progressive EMS.
Make sure your plug on back of the trailer is a square and not the round one. The service center was replacing all the round plugs.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:58 AM   #25
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Roadrunners View Post
WHAT HAPPENED TO JEFF?

Maybe he heard enough!!!! I think everyone was very respectful and loaded with solutions.
All because he isn't commenting on the forum doesn't mean he's not reading. He found it once....I doubt he'll forget we're here.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #26
Dan
Senior Member
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Make sure your plug on back of the trailer is a square and not the round one. The service center was replacing all the round plugs.
Dave
I have the same rig as you and still have the round plug what is the difference? and why did they change? Can you post a picture of what it looks like.

Thanks
Dan
__________________

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Dave
I have the same rig as you and still have the round plug what is the difference? and why did they change? Can you post a picture of what it looks like.

Thanks
Dan
I will try to show you what the square one looks like if I can get my picture on here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05836.jpg (147.5 KB, 2 views)
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Dave
I have the same rig as you and still have the round plug what is the difference? and why did they change? Can you post a picture of what it looks like.

Thanks
Dan

They were having some sort of problem so they started switching them out on the trailers that made it to the service center
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×