Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #1

What are these for?

These two items came with our unit but with no instructions as to what they are used for Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160109_11_28_17_Pro.jpg (240.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160109_11_27_47_Pro.jpg (164.9 KB, 14 views)

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #2

Top one (I got one too) is a flexible drill driver extension for fasteners (why we got those, I haven't got a clue......can't help you on the plug ?....... didn't get that one.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Top one (I got one too) is a flexible drill driver extension for fasteners (why we got those, I haven't got a clue......can't help you on the plug ?....... didn't get that one.
Thank you, for the quick response. Hope you are having a wonderful day

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Old 01-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #4

The top picture is to run a cable slide system if you have power or motor failure. Might have to remove some fascia at the top of the slide out room to get access to the motor, but the #3 square bit fits right into the end of that motor. This you can turn with a battery operated screw gun and get the slide out so you can get glamping or bring it in so you can drive home.

The second picture looks to me like the twist lock plug end for 12v, I would say your unit is prepped for a second electric awning and the other end is already at the top right corner of your door side slide out.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:09 PM   #5

The Cable slide out mechanism is by BAL, I believe it is a NORCO company. They call it Accu-slide. Here is a link to their service manual in pdf. : http://www.norcoind.com/bal/download...ice-manual.pdf

Plenty of information in this file. Adjustments, repairs and even shows the Flex-shaft tool and its use in case of emergency. Hope no one needs to use it. But those who own a Redwood with an Accu-slide, you might want to download and possibly print it out to have with your papers in your unit.

The twist lock looked like Marinco, I looked and it is a 12/24 volt waterproof fitting for various uses like the second awning.

http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-Connec.../dp/B000NI1BHU

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
The top picture is to run a cable slide system if you have power or motor failure. Might have to remove some fascia at the top of the slide out room to get access to the motor, but the #3 square bit fits right into the end of that motor. This you can turn with a battery operated screw gun and get the slide out so you can get glamping or bring it in so you can drive home.

The second picture looks to me like the twist lock plug end for 12v, I would say your unit is prepped for a second electric awning and the other end is already at the top right corner of your door side slide out.

Chris
Thank you for the link The 2nd item "Marinco" must be a spare as we have two awning . The second awning already has one of these plugs, now that we know where to look

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited