Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-30-2017, 02:19 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,856
Yup..I run them at 115, but it depends on your weight and that's why you should weigh your rig and then refer to an inflation table.
__________________
2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2013 36FL
Cindy and Tom, Toby and Kasey (our Berner and Newfie)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:14 AM   #22
Member
 
Iceman1777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 70
Thought I would give an update. We are getting ready to leave West Yellowstone in a few weeks so was underneath checking tires and suspension. The Westlakes have developed sidewall cracking and I am not willing to risk a blowout, so I'm replacing them with Sailun 637s. So for me, the Westlake G's lasted since Aug 2014 mfg and at least 25,000 miles with no issues.

Simpletire.com has the Sailuns 10% off right now so $115 plus FET plus shipping. Full cost to me shipped to installer $560 plus $140 to install still saved me almost $400 over Les Schwab quote in Rexburg, ID who had them in stock.
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:34 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman1777 View Post
Thought I would give an update. We are getting ready to leave West Yellowstone in a few weeks so was underneath checking tires and suspension. The Westlakes have developed sidewall cracking and I am not willing to risk a blowout, so I'm replacing them with Sailun 637s. So for me, the Westlake G's lasted since Aug 2014 mfg and at least 25,000 miles with no issues.

Simpletire.com has the Sailuns 10% off right now so $115 plus FET plus shipping. Full cost to me shipped to installer $560 plus $140 to install still saved me almost $400 over Les Schwab quote in Rexburg, ID who had them in stock.
Did you check with Ron ( Titan Guy ) on this site and the other?? He has fantastic deals for RW owners, shipped directly to your house....
__________________
2020 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #24
Member
 
Iceman1777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 70
I didn't but probably should have. I'm pleased with the price for tires but Ron may have been able to help with installation. Had a hard time finding someone in West who would do it without also selling the tire. I will be coordinating with Ron this winter in Florida for disc brakes tho!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Paul & Tracy
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L CCLB KR DRW
1958 Rainbow TT (1958rainbow.blogspot.com)
1924 Ford Model T
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:00 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,659
Simple Tire has good prices on Sailun Tires that is hard to beat.
I bought a set of S637 Sailun Tires from them for my SOB and got a great deal.
The Sailun Tires served me well for many miles coast to coast, great quality tire.
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 62
Westlake 235/85 G vs Goodyear G614

I'm looking at replacing my Westlakes and many on this forum seem to recommend goodyear G614. Looking at the G614 they are listed as "LT" tires and not "ST". The max load is also 3,750 for G614 and 4,080 for the Westlakes. My 5th wheel gross is 16,500 also with the dual 7 ton axles. Do you still think G614 is the way to go?
gford10480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Jim & Mary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 682
I would have to say one major difference is Goodyear has seemed to stand behind their tires when body destruction happens during tire failure, not sure Westlake or Sailun will do that. That peace of mind is what convinced me to buy the Goodyears, but I chose the H rated 17.5's
__________________


Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:31 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
shrode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gford10480 View Post
I'm looking at replacing my Westlakes and many on this forum seem to recommend goodyear G614. Looking at the G614 they are listed as "LT" tires and not "ST". The max load is also 3,750 for G614 and 4,080 for the Westlakes. My 5th wheel gross is 16,500 also with the dual 7 ton axles. Do you still think G614 is the way to go?
You are correct that the Goodyear G614s are LT tires, but they are designed specifically for trailer applications. The G614 rating of 3750 (15K total) still gives you 7% margin over your dual axel rating of 14K (they are 7000 lb axels, not 7 ton). The only thing I pay attention to are my measured weights anyway. At 11,280 lb total axel weight, the G614s give me plenty of margin. I just replace my Westlakes with a set of Goodyears, and hope I'll be happy with the decision. They're expensive! But the Goodyear reputation, 75 MPH speed rating, and peace of mind was worth the extra cost to me. I'd rather spend the money up front rather than spending it while on the road.
__________________
Danny & Terri
2017 31SL
Silverado 3500 CC SRW 4x4 LWB Duramax
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #29
Member
 
Iceman1777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
I would have to say one major difference is Goodyear has seemed to stand behind their tires when body destruction happens during tire failure, not sure Westlake or Sailun will do that. That peace of mind is what convinced me to buy the Goodyears, but I chose the H rated 17.5's


You are correct, there are many documented cases of people receiving reimbursement checks from Goodyear when a 614 failed. I still have yet to find a documented failure of a Sailun 637 on a trailer, which is why I chose the Sailun. I would gladly change my opinion if the data changed, but I am a Sailun fan as of now. Great price and great tire.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Paul & Tracy
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L CCLB KR DRW
1958 Rainbow TT (1958rainbow.blogspot.com)
1924 Ford Model T
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:02 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
woodman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 102
Westlake tires

You'll probably get a lot of opinions on this, but like many others, I wanted the peace of mind with the Goodyear and their warranty. We had the G-614's on our older Montana that had 16" wheels and they were fine. The research suggested that a larger wheel was better for heavier trailers such as the RW. Therefore, I opted to trade out the 16" Westlakes that came with the RW and bought 5 new wheels and 5 Goodyear G114 "H" rated tires for $2500 from our RV dealer(four on the ground and one for the spare). This past spring we got rid of the 7K# axles and had 8K# MorRyde IS with Kodiak disc brakes installed. Obviously, we're serious about keeping the RW. We put 4-5K miles on per year. The following is from Goodyear:

  • Tire Size 215/75R17.5 Capactiy (single) 4,805 LBS @ 125 PSI Capacity (dual) 4,540 LBS @ 125 PSI Load Range H Speed Rated 75 MPH Diameter 30.5" Width 8.8 Country of Manufacture U.S.A



__________________
woodman1
2017 F-350 SRW 4x4 CrewCab
2017 Redwood 36RL with Goodyear 17.5 G114 and MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:07 AM   #31
Member
 
Iceman1777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post
You'll probably get a lot of opinions on this, but like many others, I wanted the peace of mind with the Goodyear and their warranty. We had the G-614's on our older Montana that had 16" wheels and they were fine. The research suggested that a larger wheel was better for heavier trailers such as the RW. Therefore, I opted to trade out the 16" Westlakes that came with the RW and bought 5 new wheels and 5 Goodyear G114 "H" rated tires for $2500 from our RV dealer(four on the ground and one for the spare). This past spring we got rid of the 7K# axles and had 8K# MorRyde IS with Kodiak disc brakes installed. Obviously, we're serious about keeping the RW. We put 4-5K miles on per year. The following is from Goodyear:

  • Tire Size 215/75R17.5 Capactiy (single) 4,805 LBS @ 125 PSI Capacity (dual) 4,540 LBS @ 125 PSI Load Range H Speed Rated 75 MPH Diameter 30.5" Width 8.8 Country of Manufacture U.S.A





You've got a great setup that should provide miles and years of trouble free service.

I haven't done any research on H-rated tires, but don't remember seeing or hearing of any failures of Goodyear, Sailun or any other brand. Seems like once you get to H you have a tire that will handle the weight and speed without any problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Paul & Tracy
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L CCLB KR DRW
1958 Rainbow TT (1958rainbow.blogspot.com)
1924 Ford Model T
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
travelin' texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,053
My GY 614s were embossed on the sidewall RST not LT, either way I had no problems with them in approximately 60k miles. I replaced them with the Sailun 17" H tires/wheels from Ron for about the price of replacing 3 of the GY 614s & in 8-10k miles so am very satisfied in the upgrade.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Your G614s say LT in the tire size script, not ST. That's all that matters. The G614 RST stands for Regional Service Trailer which is what the G614 was designed for. Some Goodyear tires have ATS embossed in the sidewall, but they are passenger car tires with a P in the size script.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 62
Samson GL285T tires?

My local tire dealer recommended these at $165. They are 61lbs and rated for 4,400 at 95psi. The 95psi sounds low compared to the Westlake 110psi. These are ST235/85R16 14 and load range G. Any thoughts?
gford10480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:25 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by gford10480 View Post
My local tire dealer recommended these at $165. They are 61lbs and rated for 4,400 at 95psi. The 95psi sounds low compared to the Westlake 110psi. These are ST235/85R16 14 and load range G. Any thoughts?
You USUALLY get what you pay for (except Sailuns) .. I would RUN from those $165.00 tires for the RW..
__________________
2020 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #36
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 83
The Sailuns have been fantastic for us. Very happy with them.
__________________


Thomas and Shana
R.I.P. Skip. We miss you old boy. Our travels will never be the same....

2015 Redwood 38RL
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4WD DRW
thomas861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
NW Snowbirds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 311
Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
Quote:
Originally Posted by gford10480 View Post
My local tire dealer recommended these at $165. They are 61lbs and rated for 4,400 at 95psi. The 95psi sounds low compared to the Westlake 110psi. These are ST235/85R16 14 and load range G. Any thoughts?
I met a Redwood owner in south Dakota who had replaced his OEM Marathons with Samson tires. He worked for a farm supply store that sold Samson tires for heavy farm trailers and equipment. He told me that they had very good experience with Samson tires and had no reservations to using them on his Redwood 36RL.
__________________
2012 Redwood 31SL chasing 2019 Denali HD 3500 Duramax SRW
NW Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
mhs4771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,532
There's a BIG difference between Heavy Slow Moving Farm equipment and these Heavy Redwoods trucking down the highways between 60 and 70 MPH.
__________________
Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×