Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #1

Ok Guys. We know that some of you had or have your new couch. So what are you using on her to protect the fresh glossy paint job? Has anyone use Zanio products before? I have use this wax for several years on my Lightning and other vehicles. Its a show wax and a polymer. The more you wax it the better is shines and protects. Easy on and Easy off. The other wax that I have had good luck with is the P-21 wax. it is made for dark colors. This wax is very easy to put on and you can leave it on for a couple days if you missed a spot and it will come right off. Very easy on and off. Deep rich shine.
Thoughts?

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #2

Had my RL for couple weeks but waiting for the FBP to harden a little. During this time,also been waiting for wife'sarms to build up a little more muscle for the buffing process.

Not sure what I'll use on black. I always justused that cheap "Finish 2000" in orange bottle on cars, trucks, etc. and it beads water and looks good for about a year.

If you have something better for dark colors, and it lasts, please post it.

PS... how about those bugs on the front cap after traveling? They have new bug removers that are like lotion instead of Kerosene and work perfectly without softening the paint. I'll get out there and post the name after it stops raining...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #3

Just waxed my front cap and the whole right side with Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste wax. She looks great, I have the painted Black, red and white as well. This paste wax darkens it and really brings all the colors out. I'll finish the left side and back tomorrow. Have three trips to local State Parks in Mississippi, Texas and here in Louisiana, ready for summer now.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #4

The major thing to worry about waxing our RV's is selecting a wax that is not petroleum based, especially if it has decals. Next would be ease of application, buffing, and duration of water beading and shine.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Just waxed my front cap and the whole right side with Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste wax. She looks great, I have the painted Black, red and white as well. This paste wax darkens it and really brings all the colors out. I'll finish the left side and back tomorrow. Have three trips to local State Parks in Mississippi, Texas and here in Louisiana, ready for summer now.
Buddy, I'll have to try some of that. My wife just bought me a new "Cyclo Orbital Polisher" so I can save my arm for drinking. Now I've got to research the waxes and teach one of my grand daughters how to use the polisher.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Buddy, I'll have to try some of that. My wife just bought me a new "Cyclo Orbital Polisher" so I can save my arm for drinking. Now I've got to research the waxes and teach one of my grand daughters how to use the polisher.

Dave, will the orbital polisher put "swirler" marks in the shine. I was told to buy the "non petroleum" wipe on, wipe off type?
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Site Team

Not if I use the right pads on it. My son used to paint cars for a living and he helped pick this one out. You don't want to use just any wax on the new paint because it has to cure. My trailer is old enough now that this won't be a problem.

Most of the regular over the counter type of orbital buffers aren't real effective. Unfortunately the good ones tend to cost a little.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #8

My 2013 actually came off the floor in October 2012 and with the heat here in Louisiana she is ready.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #9

I've watched Karate kid too many times, wax on, wax off. Four times a year. I don't go to the gym on that day.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #10

Our 2013 came out of the factory about 3rd week in November. I requested our dealer wait at least 3 months for the paint to fully cure before applying the protective coating. They applied the paint protection last week.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #11

I've used Zaino Brothers on all my vehicles and toys for years. Awesome stuff, the truck looks amazing!
I opted to use Protectall on the coach,don't know why sorta got talked onto it.Harder to use,about the same price,we'll see if it stands up.I wanted to wax it myself the first time and I did but I'll have it done the next time. My arms are killing me!
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #12

Just finished the rear and left side, done deal. Lot of work, but she is beautiful and protected.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgkfg
I've used Zaino Brothers on all my vehicles and toys for years. Awesome stuff, the truck looks amazing!

I opted to use Protectall on the coach,don't know why sorta got talked onto it.Harder to use,about the same price,we'll see if it stands up.I wanted to wax it myself the first time and I did but I'll have it done the next time. My arms are killing me!
I just ordered ProtectAll (1 Gal). Seems to be well regarded. Going to give it a try. Any special prep or wash prior? We have the paint.

Thank you.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #14

It needs to be clean before you wax of course and scrub all the bugs off the nose. The ProtectAll says it cleans and polishes but it doesn't want to take off left over bug juice. Make sure you wipe it off before it dries. Make sure you have plenty of BEER and have fun!
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #15

I use the presta quick wax, works great and very easy to use.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #16
Dan

Quote:
Not if I use the right pads on it. My son used to paint cars for a living and he helped pick this one out. You don't want to use just any wax on the new paint because it has to cure. My trailer is old enough now that this won't be a problem.

Most of the regular over the counter type of orbital buffers aren't real effective. Unfortunately the good ones tend to cost a little.

Dave
What did your sun recommend for a buffer/polisher

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #17

I checked after waxing it by hand and the Manafacturer date on mine is December 21, 2012. Just was 3 months.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Quote:

Dave
What did your sun recommend for a buffer/polisher

Dan

He likes the "Cyclo Orbital Polisher" which is a 2 headed variable speed unit. It's fast enough to take out the imperfections but at the same time it shouldn't hurt the paint. He didn't think the "clear Coat" looked very thick so he was worried about a high speed buffer. I have some tree scuffs so I have to get some scratches out of the paint.

Keep in mind that if your trailer is new, he recommends the "Presto Fast wax" so the clear coat can still breath. It's pretty good wax and is easy to use.