Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #1

Water running - Cora-plast sagging

Ok guys, I know this will sound like a rookie mistake. But I thought I had a sink stopped up in the main bathroom. So treated that. wife and I are coming and going like crazy as we are Hurricane Laura refugees. Leave early coming home late. Wife was washing late at night. When I went out this morning i was greeted with water on the ground that obviously was grey water. I came back to check it out. I discovered I had left one grey valve closed. So tank was full. question is this. Have i done any long lasting damage to the drain pipes coming from washing machine? what about the grey tank. Does it have an overflow that is allowed to leak into the sub floor ie the cora plast?

Right now this is the last thing I needed. Home is tore up. The church I pastor is completely destroyed. And my last nerve is just about gone!! LOL !! Help if you can. This is on a 2015 38GK
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:52 AM   #2

Sorry about all your woes...sounds like you have more than your share...

When ever I suspect I have water in my underbelly area....I look for a low spot and puncture the plastic carefully with a small hole to drain this area...the hole can always be patched later....get the water out...#1

Not sure of your skill level....but I have created an access hole of size before to do work in this area....this could be considered to provide a hole to allow for ventilation to dry things out...

Just some thoughts....Good luck
2015 38RL, Full Body Paint, Slide in Slide, full Laundry, RV Fridge, 5.5 Onan, Magnum Inverter Charger, Samlex Solar, Trav'ler Sat System. Heated Tanks, R.O. Filtration, Sailun Tires**2016 F-450, Reese 25K Elite
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:01 AM   #3

water running out the bottom.

Ok, found enough time to crawl under and removed most of the bottom covering with exception of the area close to the generator exhaust pipe which is still hot. LOL

It appears to me that a small pipe has a crack in it. Coming from the grey tank. I would sware that what I saw was an epoxy patch job that had to come from the factory this way. How it held this long I don't know. Anyway, I have to find time to repipe this. Not going to be fun. And I don't have the time to do it nor do I have the luxury to wait on it. Somewhere on this forum, I have read of other guys having issues with sagging grey tanks and pipe issues. I now see why. Redwood ought to be ashamed of themselves for mounting their tanks without real support under the belly of those tanks. Sort of scary! Maybe Laura still has me all gun shy! Mark
Old 09-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #4

Just a thought. If you don't have time to repipe maybe a flexseal product would temporarily fix or permanently fix the crack. Are you not hooked up to a sewer line? If you are I would leave the gray valves open until a few days before I drain the black valve then I would close one so I have gray water to help clean my drain lines after draining the black water. If you are not in a place where you can hook to sewer line some of us have bought a drain valve that attaches to you fifth wheel drain line and then close it and open the 2 gray valves which might double your tank size.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:04 AM   #5

Water running out from bottom.

Having to work late of evenings when I get back from all of the Hurricane Laura recovery work at our home and church. So Not 100% positive I have it fixed. But i used a product that I bought online. (I am a sucker for glue repair type products) I will post the name of it when I know for sure it worked. But the crack in the PVC was about 7-8 inches long. I cleaned it well and used some emory cloth to prepared the crack and surface as well as I could being where it is located. I applied the product and waited the 15 min and then told wife to turn on the water. I then after about 10 minutes went and took a shower. Thus far no leak. . I am leaving the bottom open to air out good. And also if I need to go ahead and allow a repair man to come and figure out how to replace all of that pipes going from the grey tank to the drain valve. Hopefully for once I have purchased a product that does what it says. LOL!