Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2020, 10:51 PM   #1

Water leak

Hi, I have a 3901WB, 2018 and awoke this morning after an evening of rain to water on the bathroom vanity counter top . It came in through the electrical outlet on the far left, closet to the front of the rig.
Has anyone had this issue or any suggestions?
Thanks,Mike
Miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:36 PM   #2

I would start by looking up on the roof for any sign of bad caulking on that side of the roof. My guess is that your front AC unit is leaking where it is lag screwed to the roof. Lay down and see if you can see the two screws that hold your front ac unit down They are run through the frame of the AC unit, through a spacer and then into the roof. You don't need to open the AC unit as they are external. I caulked around mine with alpha systems self leveling caulking available from Amazon. The other possibility on your unit would be around the antenna which is also on that side of the roof. My rear AC unit leaked right from the factory and the water came out of the return air opening in the ceiling. The cause was not obvious but my dealer told me it was common for the AC fasteners to leak so I caulked them all and have not had another leak. Don't be afraid to use a lot of caulk and squirt it on top and under the bracket where the fastener goes through the roof.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:47 PM   #3

Thank you for the input, i will take a look at the mounting hardware for the AC and other items on roof.
Thanks for letting me know what you used to seal items.
Mike
Old 06-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #4

If you have a Camping World near you I believe you can get Alpha caulk there. Alpha systems is manufacturer of the roofing material and that is the caulk they recommend.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:29 PM   #5

Thank you, i will do a search for a Camping world in my area.
Mike
Old 06-13-2020, 07:27 PM   #6

If you have vent covers, check the brackets that they are mounted too. When the dealer mounted our vent covers, they pressed the brackets down into the "puddled" self leveling caulk. Like really pressed it in, they might of stood on them from the look of it.

Movement caused them to wear a hole in the caulk and with heavy rains it would leak. Not sure how it would travel over to the outlet but with leaks weird things can happen.

I removed the brackets, caulked the holes, and remounted the brackets higher to leave a gap for the caulk.
glenwolde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #7

Thank you for your reply and i will take a second look at all the roof top items.
Thanks,
Mike