Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #21

Looks like I have to go through the exercise as well. Saw water dripping from the curbside ahead of our entry door from the area where the frame gusset bolts on to the floor (water leaking through the bolt hole from the floor above). It's in the area where the shower is, that's where I will start.

I also filled the grey water tank before dumping ("full" indication but no overflowing visible), I'm wondering if a full tank could expose a loose drain connection. There was no overflow back into the shower.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #22

I had a leak once behind the shower I was able to get to it from the service panel and reach in and tighten the fittings
Old 12-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #23

Well, 5 hours of work later (and 2 beers!) the problem has been found, solution is probably to replace the back flow preventer for the black tank flusher (located under the bathroom sink). Had no water in the cabinet as the water went down the pex pipes then dropped just back of the basement wall, the problem could be seen as the pipe was wet, in retrospect I noted that there was a lot of condensate from the A/C falling from the roof here in the desert, more than should have been taken out of the air.

As a side effect the GFI tripped cutting the power to outlets (including the central vac, DW was not happy). The outlet in the basement was wet, causing the tripping.

I'll dispense with the flusher temporarily and may either replace the BFP or just take it out completely since it's separate from the rest of the water system.

The biggest pain was to remove the 110 plug, the awning switches and the central vac from the basement wall. All a learning exercise!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by almcc View Post
Well, 5 hours of work later (and 2 beers!) the problem has been found, solution is probably to replace the back flow preventer for the black tank flusher (located under the bathroom sink). Had no water in the cabinet as the water went down the pex pipes then dropped just back of the basement wall, the problem could be seen as the pipe was wet, in retrospect I noted that there was a lot of condensate from the A/C falling from the roof here in the desert, more than should have been taken out of the air.

As a side effect the GFI tripped cutting the power to outlets (including the central vac, DW was not happy). The outlet in the basement was wet, causing the tripping.

I'll dispense with the flusher temporarily and may either replace the BFP or just take it out completely since it's separate from the rest of the water system.

The biggest pain was to remove the 110 plug, the awning switches and the central vac from the basement wall. All a learning exercise!
Two beers ??? That, my friend is a bottle of scotch !!

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #25

We have had several leaks, the one you are referring to, was one of our leaks. The plumbing for washer, ( I don't use) was broken probably due to travel. We had that repaired, but another leak was found, and repaired. But now I have one in my drains area under the shower. Traveling really puts a lot of stress on our unit.We have traveled 30,000 miles since we bought it in 2013.
TroutTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #26

Smile 2012 RE Fresh plumbing fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
Two beers ??? That, my friend is a bottle of scotch !!
i need a picture of the awning wireing schematic my awning switches came unpluged?

red wires and blue on the other one

please

my bath sink drain connection under floor was a little loose removed and cleaned pipe retightned also and replaced shower drain with a fresh all stainless drain fitting from amazon was corroded and funky

used some fresh plumbers putty on fittings

as hard water had corroded most plumbing fixtures and fittings and hardware from previous owner

now all new delta faucets too, kitchen sink faucet has a magnetic feature on sprayer, nice stays put

reused old kitchen sink weight and had to buy some 1/2" pipe to 3/8" brass adapter fittings for water lines and hogged out hole on counter top and used other opening for soap dispenser

also replaced sink strainers and baskets on kitchen sink with some nice all brass chrome baskets kit from hd

old sink top flange was plastic and scratched stainless trim ring now new
sink and strainer baskets holds water now and look nice

and there was some funk under kitchen sink strainers between sink that needed to be cleaned

replaced & recaulked sink silicone around sink too

icemaker line is next think im gonna use 1\4" pex line cut to lenght

and some d bulb to replace also

ordered a tube of that geocel sealant
guess that old caulk will have to be cut loose to replace the d bulb , it is sealed to coach well

karl b.
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #27

Karl

Please see attached............Supplied by Mike (5th time)

Slide (inboard switch)
With "Extend" end facing you:
Left Top - double red w/white
Left Middle - single red w/white
Left Bottom - jumper from top right
Right Top - double white
Right Middle - single white
Right Bottom - jumper from top left

Main (outboard switch)
Left top - blue w/white (jumper from right bottom)
Left Middle - single white
Left Bottom - double white
Right Top - jumper from left bottom
Right Middle - single blue w/white
Right Bottom - double blue w/white

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
Karl

Please see attached............Supplied by Mike (5th time)

Slide (inboard switch)
Left Top - double red w/white
Left Middle - single red w/white
Left Bottom - jumper from top right
Right Top - double white
Right Middle - single white
Right Bottom - jumper from top left

Main (outboard switch)
Left top - blue w/white (jumper from right bottom)
Left Middle - single white
Left Bottom - double white
Right Top - jumper from left bottom
Right Middle - single blue w/white
Right Bottom - double blue w/white
Thanks
Karl b.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #29

Smile thank for basement switch diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus View Post
Thanks
Karl b.

printed this switch diagram out finally now i can go hook this stuff up again get that cover panel reassembled

cell phone does not make viewing to easy without a printer

thanks

Karl b.