Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2021, 05:59 PM   #1

Washer. Dryer installation

Thinking about buying a washer, dryer for my 3901WB. Figured I could install myself since the dealer wanted 1700 to do it. Any tips or advice?
Pepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepp View Post
Thinking about buying a washer, dryer for my 3901WB. Figured I could install myself since the dealer wanted 1700 to do it. Any tips or advice?

from what I understand it's pretty straight forward..

***MEASURE 3 TIMES / CUT ONCE *** - - IF doing a vented dryer....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:37 PM   #3

Not familiar with your floorplan, but I'd highly recommend the Splendid Ariston stackable units. Be sure to get the vented dryer.
The combo units do a decent job, but take up to 3+ hours per load & then EVERYTHING needs ironing afterwards. If this is what you looking at be to get the vented unit as well.
We've had both types, stackable & combo, & honestly wouldn't do the combo again. The DW would like the stackables in our modular home if they were more affordable.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:21 AM   #4

Just got the equator brand stackable and put in mine. Pretty easy. Need help getting them in. As someone already said measure,measure,and then remeasure before cutting hole for dryer vent. I cut the inside panel out first after measuring to be sure no stud in the way then finished cutting hole. Silicone real good on outside vent. Mine work great. Once in you will wonder you didn’t have them at first
Old 10-21-2021, 06:44 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies. It's what I figured but wondered why they wanted to charge me so much. Thought there may have been more to it.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #6

Just another dealer putting the screws to a customer.
Chief AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:32 PM   #7

Quote:
$1700 labor only or is that with a washer drier? with the washer drier that's not a bad deal!
Old 10-31-2021, 07:32 PM   #8

1700 was labor only. 3700 total cost.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:32 PM   #9

Quote:
1700 was labor only. 3700 total cost.
Wow!
They thought they'd found a sucker!
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-31-2021, 11:34 PM   #10

Quote:
I am also planning to install a washer/dryer combo as one of several upgrades I am doing to my RW this winter. When I take it in to have the MorRyde 4000 installed I am going to have them also install the dryer vent. After that I will order the Splendid VDV2200XCD washer/dryer combo. I decided to do the combo because I didn't want the take up the entire closet with a stackable. In my opinion the hardest part of the install will be getting the washer into the camper.
Good luck with your install.
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 12:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrn View Post
I am also planning to install a washer/dryer combo as one of several upgrades I am doing to my RW this winter. When I take it in to have the MorRyde 4000 installed I am going to have them also install the dryer vent. After that I will order the Splendid VDV2200XCD washer/dryer combo. I decided to do the combo because I didn't want the take up the entire closet with a stackable. In my opinion the hardest part of the install will be getting the washer into the camper.
Good luck with your install.
Be prepared to do small loads & it taking 2-3 hours per load. Be sure to leave space in the closet for an ironing board, you'll need it.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-01-2021, 01:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Be prepared to do small loads & it taking 2-3 hours per load. Be sure to leave space in the closet for an ironing board, you'll need it.
Considering we haven't had one for the last 6 years and have only had to use the laundry facility a few times (we take a lot of cloths with us) I will have no problem with the 2-3 hour time cycle. Nor will I be too concerned with the small load limits. It will only be used for small loads. Now, If I was a full timer, well then I would most definitely consider a stackable unit. Boils down to what one will be needing it for. Oh, of course we have an iron. Never had to use it, but have one just the same.
2015 Polaris RZR 900
Old 11-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrn View Post
Considering we haven't had one for the last 6 years and have only had to use the laundry facility a few times (we take a lot of cloths with us) I will have no problem with the 2-3 hour time cycle. Nor will I be too concerned with the small load limits. It will only be used for small loads. Now, If I was a full timer, well then I would most definitely consider a stackable unit. Boils down to what one will be needing it for. Oh, of course we have an iron. Never had to use it, but have one just the same.
Just passing on our experience with the combo after using it fulltiming for about 4 years.
When we ordered our RW that was the #1 "absolutely no way" item the DW wife had, if we were getting the w/d it WOULD NOT be the combo again, we would either get the stackables or use the laundromat.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-01-2021, 06:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Just passing on our experience with the combo after using it fulltiming for about 4 years.
When we ordered our RW that was the #1 "absolutely no way" item the DW wife had, if we were getting the w/d it WOULD NOT be the combo again, we would either get the stackables or use the laundromat.
Had a combo in a class A I had a while back. It did OK, but your right, if your full timing your probly going to want a stackable washer and dryer, or just use the laundry facilities.
2015 Polaris RZR 900
Old 11-02-2021, 12:57 AM   #15

We had the Vented Combo in our Montana and first Redwood and had no issues, now we almost never used the dryer side as we had a clothes line off the back of both units and air dried most of our clothes.
Because our current MB had an area for the stackables we went with them in this unit, still don't use the dryer much except when traveling.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote