Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 01:36 AM   #1

Washer dryer combo

What type of washer/dryer do you have in your RV?
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 PM   #2

After a LOT of research, asking other RV’ers and talking to several distributors we settled on the Splendide brand. The best price I was able to find was from Dyers RV and they had free shipping.
Carl & Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:18 AM   #3

Being an owner of a Splendide combination washer/dryer I would not reccomend it. Go with seperate units unless you like washing 2 to 3 items at a time and having to iron all your shirts to get the wrinkles out!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:30 AM   #4
HTX

Ditto the Splendide

I am just about a full timer and put mine in 3 years ago and have had zero issues. (knock on wood). Big thing is the smaller the load the better but I think that's true of any combo.

I have an 2012 36 RL designed for a side by side washer dryer, I used the extra space for a small top loading freezer and could not be happier with the set up.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:14 PM   #5

We have a Splendide combo and it is great! We had separate units in our last 5th wheel and they were a pain, having to wait for one load to finish to load the next. We ended up with clothes drying all over the RV. I don’t pay a lot of attention to how long a load takes in the combo...when it’s done it’s done, dry. Both had some wrinkled clothes, pretty much equal. Wrinkle free fabrics help. I gave up with the iron years ago! There is a lot to say about hand pressing on the bed! We have had the combo for 2.5 years with no problem
Old 05-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #6

Different strokes for different folks!
We had the Splendide combo in our last 5er & Splendide stackables in our RW & if we were to get another 5er it would have the seperates, either stacked or side by side. The combo cleaned well, but took FOREVER to do a small load & agree with others that EVERYTHING from socks to shirts came out VERY wrinkled, yes wrinkled even with very small loads.
My recommendation is if you have the room do the separates, I think you'd be much more satisfied with them. If room is the problem then get the combo, it's much better than going to the d##n laundromat!!
If you go with the combo definitely DO NOT do the ventless, moisture is very hard on rvs so dumping more inside is a very bad idea. Drilling a 4" hole in the side of your RW definitely has a pucker factor of about a 10, but add the vent, measure twice, cut once.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #7

We have the Splendide combo. Love it. To help avoid wrinkled clothes. Take them out between the wash dry cycle. Shake them out good and then put them back in and dry them. I start a load before bed. Shake them out in the morning. Start them drying while having my coffee and getting ready to face the day.
toebenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:29 PM   #8

WE started off with the combo unit. I use the "3 strikes and you are out" philosophy, our unit failed 3 times before I scrapped it. Cause was that "S" shaped internal discharge pipe that kept clogging and causing the drier element to overheat and fail.

Replaced with separate Spledide units, no problems since. Had to cut another vent hole in the Redwood though!

In my opinion, the combo unit is a toy, not capable of real word washing and drying.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:09 PM   #9

We have been full timing since November 2015, have the Splendide washer and dryer stackables, have had no problems with them, DW uses them every week to do our laundry, and very happy.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote