Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #1

washer

We had a brand new washer installed at Lazy Days when we purchased our RW. Of course I did not test it when we picked it up. It only washes on HOT and I checked the valves and both hot and cold are on. Any ideas? I can take it back to Lazy Days, but it would be a one or two day project and gas expense. I would rather try and figure it out myself..with your help of course. Any ideas???
gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #2

test one -
make sure all valves (along the way) are open
test two -
disconnect hoses and see what comes out
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #3

Agree with John - need to make sure you have a supply, and there are some issues with the Redwood hoses kinking, at least on the 36RL, 36FB.

You can cut a short piece of hose and just run it down the drain and feel if anything comes out or if it is hot.

If you have hot and cold supply, then the washer may be a problem and you can call them direct to see how to resolve. For Splendide, even Sears can fix them now, but I'm not sure what brand you have.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:59 PM   #4

Brad, the 36FB doesn't have the washer hose issue, our W/D are stackables in the closet between the shower and bedroom on the door side of the RW so the drain hose doesn't go under the bes [opposite side of the coach].
I thing the issue is in the RL's and GK's, the models with the side-by-side W/D in the curb side slide, these are the ones with the flexible hoses that are routed under the bed.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Brad, the 36FB doesn't have the washer hose issue, our W/D are stackables in the closet between the shower and bedroom on the door side of the RW so the drain hose doesn't go under the bes [opposite side of the coach].
I thing the issue is in the RL's and GK's, the models with the side-by-side W/D in the curb side slide, these are the ones with the flexible hoses that are routed under the bed.
Oh that's right Chuck - thanks for correcting me. I keep thinking the FB has the w/d in the side, but I had to look it up and its the RL and RE and RB. Looks like the GK is like yours
Old 06-25-2014, 01:26 AM   #6

I have no water coming in my cold line so how do I trace the line. One person said under the bed some of the lines run, is that correct?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:29 AM   #7

What model redwood do you have Gridiron?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:43 AM   #8

redwood 2012 36RL
Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 AM   #9

ya - look under the bed. You may have a kinked hose. Dave and Ginny have some pics of the issue if you want to PM them.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #10

I've had to go under the bed on our 36RL, not for the hoses but to solve a problem with the bedroom slide not opening fully. The culprit was the washer drain line clamp support being too close to the edge of the bed's wood frame at the base, it also caused the top of the bed to pull away from the side wall. I did the fix myself but it wasn't a pleasant experience since it occurred in the driveway when I brought the brand new trailer home for the first time! The DW was not impressed.

To access the plumbing under the bed you have to take off the mattress, then the metal box spring (four screws) and then the two plywood pieces underneath (about a dozen screws). I've forgotten if the screws are Phillips or Robertson head. The mattress, spring and plywood can be stacked in the bedroom area while you check the plumbing.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #11

I pulled the bed apart within the first week too, to make SURE nothing was leaking. DW wasn't impressed either, but I wasn't trying to impress her . She should be used to it by now because I tear every RV we've owned apart to avert problems we read about on the forums. I would like to think it has saved me some big time aggravation in ownership. Not that it doesn't crank me that I have to do my own QA, but I'd rather be on vacation when on vacation instead of out looking for parts.

I did find a drip in the rigid drain pipe where they had not glued the coupling all the way around. Unfortunately I had to cut it all out and start over.

Worse part is a King bed barely fits anywhere in the room other than on top of the pedestal!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #12

Thanks for the info, I will get to work on it when I get back home. On the road now and loving it!!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:13 AM   #13
Site Team

Yep......I called Redwood and told them that I couldn't get water to my washer and dryer. Since I was on the road, they arranged for me to take the trailer to a dealer in Iowa. There a service guy who said he was next to GOD working on trailer, took my entire basement apart including the ceiling. About an hour later I drove away with him scratching his head and waving while my washer still didn't have water.

That night, I started tracing water lines and ended up taking the entire bed apart. Under the bed I found the kinked water lines.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #14

washer line

Wouldn't you think that Redwood would test these things (hot and cold) before they turn them loose? I will look under my bed when I get home. The bad thing is that in south Florida this time of year it is 95 degrees and where I store my rig I have no power, ouch........