Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 09:57 PM   #1

Warranty work Redwood Topeka In

Good Morning, was looking for Led recessed 3" and 4 1|2 " lights, called Redwood and was referred to Tiara RV 574-266-2136 for parts, as they cannot sell to me direct.
That was understandable however I asked about coming in there to have some warranty work done, and was told that they have had some changes made, since new management and they no longer do that type of work, and again I would have to go to a dealer to have said warranty work done, if dealer cannot repair then you could bring unit to them for repairs after dealer notified them.
I informed him of how hard a task this is for a full timer, main reason we bought a Redwood, as no dealer will look at your Rv for usually about 3 to 6 days after drop off, as they are usually to busy selling new Rv's and taking care of their own warranty work and then if parts need to be ordered it will take another three to six weeks for work to be completed. He stated this is normal for the industry.
I also informed him this was poor customer service, since I do not have that problem with my Ford pick up warranty work nationwide, and that Redwood is not doing a good job in bringing repeat customers back with this type of service.
I am looking to get some warranty work done, and also wanting a third air conditioner unit put on the RV, I thought I would have all done in Topeka In as we pass back thru August, since they built the unit, and would have all necessary parts needed, how stupid of me to expect that.
I guess I will now call Tiara RV Sales to make an appointment to have my work done, as they are close by and would stand a good chance of getting parts quickly.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote