Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2017, 11:03 PM   #1

Warranty Work

We are full timers and taking our rig in for warranty work is out of the question. We called a Mobile Tech and have an appt for next week. The young lady asked for our model and I told her it was a Redwood 38RL, and she advised that Crossroads has a policy that unless I take it into an authorized dealer I will have to pay for all work done and apply for reimbursement through them myself. I have had work done in the past on other RV's from other manufactures without any problems with this same Mobile Tech. I was just wondering if this is the norm with Crossroads, or is there someone I can contact at Crossroads for assistance....Thanks
Mstark2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:42 PM   #2

From My understanding and what others on here have stated the mobile tech was correct. You would have to pay then get reimbursed. I have heard others say it takes a long time to get your money back also.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:51 AM   #3

I have had a mobile tec work on ours 2 or 3 times with the previous management team and he would call RW and get authorized to do the repairs and I paid him myself. Then I submitted the invoice marked paid along with a copy of the check I wrote him. Both times I had a check within 2-3 weeks.
Just remember that this was with old management!!! I may have changed.

Steve
Old 05-24-2017, 05:35 AM   #4

Good luck with that.....

Still waiting for the promised reimbursement from work a mobile tech did this past December. Apparently things have changed since I was told in late January that they had everything they needed to get the payment out to me. Several messages left and emails sent with no response back since then.

I'm not holding my breath on getting anything from them at this point. Very disappointed in Redwood and Crossroads.

If anyone has had any luck recently getting reimbursed and has the name of someone at Crossroads please share it.

Thomas and Shana
R.I.P. Skip. We miss you old boy. Our travels will never be the same....

2015 Redwood 38RL
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4WD DRW
thomas861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:40 AM   #5

I called Redwood a couple of weeks ago and was told that we'd need to take our RW to our dealer or if out of the area it would need to go to an approved Redwood repair facility. In an emergency I was told to call Redwood to get approval to use an unapproved repair shop, or if stranded, and we really had an emergency we could have a mobile repair fix the problem. But we are supposed to call Redwood first. If it was after hours or on a weekend we'd need to call the first business day to get approval. The reason that I called is because we've had so many serious problems and we've only been on one 3 day outing since purchasing our brand new RW. I wanted to know what do we do if we're many miles from home with no way to get back to our dealer.
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRW Owner View Post
I called Redwood a couple of weeks ago and was told that we'd need to take our RW to our dealer or if out of the area it would need to go to an approved Redwood repair facility. In an emergency I was told to call Redwood to get approval to use an unapproved repair shop, or if stranded, and we really had an emergency we could have a mobile repair fix the problem. But we are supposed to call Redwood first. If it was after hours or on a weekend we'd need to call the first business day to get approval. The reason that I called is because we've had so many serious problems and we've only been on one 3 day outing since purchasing our brand new RW. I wanted to know what do we do if we're many miles from home with no way to get back to our dealer.
What sort of problems are you having exactly ?

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
What sort of problems are you having exactly ?
We've had two plumbing leaks that filled the underbelly of our RW. One was a holding tank leak (gray water) the day we tried to leave our dealers lot the day of purchase, the other a water line on our only outing on day two. The hot water line in the bathroom sink was pinched and we had no hot water. We had a leak in the kitchen that flooded under the kitchen cabinet and flooded the floor. Two of the holding tanks didn't register. Our residential refrigerator came loose and banged into the island cabinet when the slide was in. The mounting screws had come loose. Our dealer pushed the refrigerator back in place and installed larger screws with extra braketry. My husband thought the brakes weren't working and he was right. Our dealer found grease coming out of the seals and it was all over the brakes. The warranty replaced them. After over 3 weeks in the shop all repairs have been made and we picked it up yesterday. We've hoping to be able use it without any problems after the holiday. We've owned our new RW since April 10, 2017
Old 06-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #8

We returned a couple of weeks, ago from our first trip in our new 2016 38SRQ. We left it with the dealer along with a list of items from our extended shakeout trip. Included on this were the front closet doors not staying in the tracks on rough roads (LA area), a missing stabilizer pad on the right rear jack, trim on stairs coming off, and some cosmetic items. We put nearly 4000 miles on it, so asked to have the Lippert suspension greasable bolts and wheel bearings serviced. We heard from the dealer today and he said the brake pads and drums are shot! We had each of our past two 5ers for 10 yes each with no brake problems. So what gives here? He said a stone may have found its way in the brakes? Dealer is checking whether manufacturer warranty will cover that repair. We were pleasantly surprised to find greadsbld bolts and thicker Guage shackles on the Lippert suspension, but have been contemplating Mor Ryde IS , larger wheels and disc brakes. We were side by side with a new 40+ ft Mobile Suites that had come with IS and disc brakes standard. Nice.
Ken and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #9

Ask if the brakes were contaminated with grease leaking from the seals which has been a problem on most all RWs. A stone in one wheel would not affect the other 3, I'd have them show you the problem, most dealers I wouldn't take their word for the sky being blue.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #10

Thanks, we'll visit them and have a talk.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:50 PM   #11

I would think the warranty would cover if you're still within the warranty period. Except if it really was a rock, maybe not. My husband says he would want to see the drum. But if it was a bolt that came loose or a rock that got up in it and scratched it you could at least see that there was damage. But that it would be hard to know if it was a rock or a bolt. A bolt would be a brake fault. He did say it would be hard for a rock to get up in there. If you check out the RV Net forum, there's a lot more negative comments on Mobile Sweet than RW. We were considering that brand too before we bought our RV. Our trade in RV was 1O years old and no problems with the drum brakes. I asked my husband why he didn't upgrade to disc brakes he said in the thousands of miles on our many RVs we've never had a problem with drums. He did say if we have to pay for new brakes at some point he'll get disc brakes.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRW Owner View Post
I would think the warranty would cover if you're still within the warranty period. Except if it really was a rock, maybe not. My husband says he would want to see the drum. But if it was a bolt that came loose or a rock that got up in it and scratched it you could at least see that there was damage. But that it would be hard to know if it was a rock or a bolt. A bolt would be a brake fault. He did say it would be hard for a rock to get up in there. If you check out the RV Net forum, there's a lot more negative comments on Mobile Sweet than RW. We were considering that brand too before we bought our RV. Our trade in RV was 1O years old and no problems with the drum brakes. I asked my husband why he didn't upgrade to disc brakes he said in the thousands of miles on our many RVs we've never had a problem with drums. He did say if we have to pay for new brakes at some point he'll get disc brakes.

When you do upgrade, it will be the best feeling... Night and Day difference reported from ALMOST ALL of us who upgraded...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:15 AM   #13

Thanks so much for your thoughts. We will go down to check it out tomorrow . While looking online I came across the July RW rally in Indiana . We could probably learn a lot...but it is a long way from WA when our weather is so beautiful here... would hate to leave...
Old 06-06-2017, 03:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken and Susie View Post
Thanks so much for your thoughts. We will go down to check it out tomorrow . While looking online I came across the July RW rally in Indiana . We could probably learn a lot...but it is a long way from WA when our weather is so beautiful here... would hate to leave...
We'd love to go too but it's also a long way from Nor Cal. Based on not making it more than 1 & a half days of our only outing without our RW becoming unusable don't think we want to venture that far until/Unless we can get the serious bugs out. Good luck with your brakes!

Barbara
Old 06-06-2017, 07:01 AM   #15

If can make it that far make an appointment at the service center in Topeka Indiana (about 30 minutes from the rally park) with your warranty list, I GUARANTEE you'll drive out of there with a smile on your face, Gary & the guys are AWESOME, they'll fix stuff you didn't know you had a problem with, in 1 day usually..
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
If can make it that far make an appointment at the service center in Topeka Indiana (about 30 minutes from the rally park) with your warranty list, I GUARANTEE you'll drive out of there with a smile on your face, Gary & the guys are AWESOME, they'll fix stuff you didn't know you had a problem with, in 1 day usually..
I called Redwood this morning. The person who answered identified herself as Crossroads but then told me I was speaking with Keystone. When I asked about making an appointment with the service center, I was told that was no longer possible. She said any appointment to bring our RW to the service center (which now would be Keystone) would have to be made through our dealer. Then she said Keystone would pick it up and bring it to the service center. Which in our case, being on the west coast, it would go to the Oregon service center. I had called to see if I could get a manuel for our air conditioners because they weren't in our Owner packet. She doesn't know what our model number is but said she'd email me one for the brand on our rig.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #17

I know they've moved RWs under the Keystone brand so maybe the service center availability went away also, HUGE MISTAKE on Thors part as that was the only place to have issues repaired correctly & timely.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 06-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #18

Interesting. When the frame acted up on our 2003 Montana, Keystone offered to come get it with a flatbed and take it to Oregon. We didn't do it (left it at shop and bought new one), so can't say what that service center is like.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #19

I got an approval and scheduled repairs at the Redwood Service center many months ago for some structural repairs.
I have not communicated with Redwood since getting the approval and appointment last fall
Was a little concerned with all the changes I have been hearing about going on at Redwood but after a couple of recent emails back and forth with the "Retail Advisor @ Keystone, Dutchmen and Crossroads RV" all is confirmed for dropping off my Redwood at the Topeka IN service center on Monday July 3rd to get the repairs done.

After dropping off my Redwood, I will drive up to Chicago, and fly out to Alaska for two weeks
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
I got an approval and scheduled repairs at the Redwood Service center many months ago for some structural repairs.
I have not communicated with Redwood since getting the approval and appointment last fall
Rob, are you having issues with the cross member breaking loose, or something else?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote