Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #21

It's quite possible there have been major improvements in the cable system as the "premium" coach manufacturers are now using them in their designs. One of the major complaints of the cable system was that the cable would loosen thereby causing retraction issues. Whether it will be one of the solutions, time will tell, but servicing of the cable system has been made much easier and now can be done with little effort by the owner.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #22
Site Team

I agree....this is concerning to me.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #23

Another glaring example of an archaic corporate culture. If Redwood wants to communicate with its customer base and utilize the progressive marketing capabilities of forums like this one, why in the heck would they not come on and provide a detailed explanation for why they made the change, especially if there's a history of customer resentment/concern regarding the new design? It just boggles my mind.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #24
Site Team

I don't think I've ever gotten a single letter or explanation from Redwood without me asking first
Old 11-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #25
Traveling

Well, I don't know what is what. I am not familiar with the "bad" cable systems. I know there are some NEW ones that are supposed to be better than the Schwintek's but again, I have no idea what these are. (see photo from show that I took below) Todd commented after feeling around it on the inside of the coach that there was heavy chain on the inside of the slide which appears to be the "ACCUSLIDE" type. It's marketed as being "cost effective for manufacturers".

I have no idea, but I was TOLD that it was because of excessive warranty claims (problems). Let's hope its an IMPROVED cable system. I did not see any high-end coaches with cables at the show. They had Schwinteks.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
I don't think I've ever gotten a single letter or explanation from Redwood without me asking first
And that's sad given the extremely important role that these forums provide to the manufacturer.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #27
Traveling

I am of the opinion that they are well aware of what is going on in the forum... If they started "participating" and trying to answer every issue, it would be like playing "whack-a-mole." I also think it would change the forum for the worse. I like that it is just owners and future-owners. It gives it a sense of sincerity. I can say that since I started using this forum several months ago, it "feels" like I see a lower incidence of "freaked out" owners about "stupid" mistakes. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe they really are (as I was told) making a strong effort at quality control. Big changes take time. I THINK they are going in the right direction, we shall see! Hope springs eternal.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #28
Site Team

I guess we have to give them the bennifit of dought......they know more about rv building than I do. But .....as a business owner that deals with image building for other companies, I can say.......they need better interaction with the customers
Old 11-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #29
Site Team

I will say....my last SOB was made by Forrest River and trying to talk to them was like talking to a tree. I needed to replace a window and they sent me the wrong one 3 times. When I traded that unit in, it came with 3 extra windows still crated up because Forrest River didn't want them back.

Redwood on the other hand has been easy to work with .....maybe Redwood is carving new ground in the rv world.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
Well, I don't know what is what. I am not familiar with the "bad" cable systems. I know there are some NEW ones that are supposed to be better than the Schwintek's but again, I have no idea what these are. (see photo from show that I took below) Todd commented after feeling around it on the inside of the coach that there was heavy chain on the inside of the slide which appears to be the "ACCUSLIDE" type. It's marketed as being "cost effective for manufacturers".

I have no idea, but I was TOLD that it was because of excessive warranty claims (problems). Let's hope its an IMPROVED cable system. I did not see any high-end coaches with cables at the show. They had Schwinteks.

As long as it works and works reliabley.....I don't care if they put little green people in there pushing the slides in and out
Old 11-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #31

Quote:
I am of the opinion that they are well aware of what is going on in the forum... If they started "participating" and trying to answer every issue, it would be like playing "whack-a-mole." I also think it would change the forum for the worse. I like that it is just owners and future-owners. It gives it a sense of sincerity. I can say that since I started using this forum several months ago, it "feels" like I see a lower incidence of "freaked out" owners about "stupid" mistakes. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe they really are (as I was told) making a strong effort at quality control. Big changes take time. I THINK they are going in the right direction, we shall see! Hope springs eternal.

or is it that some have tired of the fight
or that tose that don't have problems beat down those that do ???
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #32

Quote:
I agree, no need to freak out when something goes wrong you have read about and know how to deal with it.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #33

Quote:
As long as it works and works reliabley.....I don't care if they put little green people in there pushing the slides in and out
Interesting, if you look at the picture it looks like the slide is a cable system but the slide-in-slide is a Schwintek system.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
I guess we have to give them the bennifit of dought......they know more about rv building than I do. But .....as a business owner that deals with image building for other companies, I can say.......they need better interaction with the customers

Dave..........very well said.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote