Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2022, 03:52 AM   #1

Smile Two 110 outlets with unique sticker not working

In our 2021 Redwood 3981FK, there are two 110 outlets with the below sticker that have no power.

One of these outlets is in the kitchen next to the Frig, the other is on the right side of the bed. All other outlets have power. I thought it might be a different sticker for GFCI, but I tested and reset the GFCI in the bathroom with no problems.

I am currently plugged in to shore power (50 a). I do not have a solar panel. I have one deep cell battery that is holding a good charge. I have no thrown breakers and all of the fuses look good.

Anyone know what that sticker means and where I can get some documentation on it? Or at least how to get power to those receptables?

Thanks,

Ken & Tonya
Kennybtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:01 AM   #2

Our Redwood is considerably older, so I'm only guessing, but the logo on the sticker implies to me its part of a solar power system. Do you have such equipment in your coach?

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:13 PM   #3

I agree with Jim..

It MUST be a part of the solar package... And it makes sense where the locations are ... 1 for the fridge, and the other for CPAP ??
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #4

The RV is pre-wired for solar, but there is no panel installed.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennybtx View Post
The RV is pre-wired for solar, but there is no panel installed.
That's ok..... This would save you the issue of powering outlets down the road if ever going to solar...

I would assume that there are optional outlets close to those that are powered when plugged into shore power?
Old 04-19-2022, 06:53 PM   #6

There aren’t any close optional outlets, at least in these two areas. In the bedroom, these “solar” plugs are the only plugs on the right side of the bed, and there are two regular outlets on the left side. It’s just a bit weird on the placement of plugs that don’t work (without a solar panel)…maybe I just have to get used to it. In the kitchen, the refrigerator has shelves on both sides, each with outlets. The outlets on one side work, but the other side doesn’t work (with the solar panel stickers). Thanks.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennybtx View Post
There aren’t any close optional outlets, at least in these two areas. In the bedroom, these “solar” plugs are the only plugs on the right side of the bed, and there are two regular outlets on the left side. It’s just a bit weird on the placement of plugs that don’t work (without a solar panel)…maybe I just have to get used to it. In the kitchen, the refrigerator has shelves on both sides, each with outlets. The outlets on one side work, but the other side doesn’t work (with the solar panel stickers). Thanks.
This is a 2021, correct??? call the dealership and ask them.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:23 PM   #8

I believe they are definitely solar prepped outlets. I would guess that they are powered by gfci protected wiring from an inverter, solar panel yet or not. Look for a gfci outlet and see if it is tripped. They usually daisy chain them on one line. Look for the first one that would be closest to your inverter.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:38 AM   #9

I did a reset on the GFCI circuit and the outlets still aren’t working. The dealer technicians were guessing and didn’t really know what the stickers meant. I’m going to try and contact Crossroads support tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-20-2022, 01:42 AM   #10

I would also guess that Keystone might have included wiring from the roof to the utility area so an owner didn't have to do that part of the job after the fact. Look carefully in the utility area (battery compartment or basement area) to see if you can locate unterminated wiring that may or may not be labeled. I assume the solar package would have to have some module that would interface with the batteries and inverter so look carefully.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 11:33 AM   #11

the part I can't get my head around is assuming you're going to install a inverter / charger and a solar battery charging system why would you only power 2 more outlets not the whole house? I just finished installing a complete Victron system in our 2015 Rl-38. The inverter has a 50 amp automatic transfer switch , the clocks don't loose time when I unplug ( the inverter acts as a UPS). We can use every outlet in the RV just like it was on shore power or generator but we are limited to how much battery storage . Currently we have 500 amp hours of Battleborn's and that give us about 3 days of zero sun runtime on the refrigerator. Keystone has a deal with Firefly (Battleborn) to do factory installed solar with two GC3H Battleborn battery in the Montana rigs if they get ordered with that option , I believe that included a 3000 watt inverter in the system install.
Old 04-23-2022, 03:02 PM   #12

Mark I understand what you're saying, BUT many people are clueless and would be running the Microwave, hair dryer, you name it just as if connected to shore power and would kill their batteries in short order.
Wiring to the hole house is easier, but you have to know the limits, which may don't.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:25 PM   #13

This is powered from a solar system and potentially an inverter. check that the inverter is on and if there is a breaker or CGFI for those outlets and reset them.
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
the part I can't get my head around is assuming you're going to install a inverter / charger and a solar battery charging system why would you only power 2 more outlets not the whole house? I just finished installing a complete Victron system in our 2015 Rl-38. The inverter has a 50 amp automatic transfer switch , the clocks don't loose time when I unplug ( the inverter acts as a UPS). We can use every outlet in the RV just like it was on shore power or generator but we are limited to how much battery storage . Currently we have 500 amp hours of Battleborn's and that give us about 3 days of zero sun runtime on the refrigerator. Keystone has a deal with Firefly (Battleborn) to do factory installed solar with two GC3H Battleborn battery in the Montana rigs if they get ordered with that option , I believe that included a 3000 watt inverter in the system install.

Hey Mark,

Are you running the newer Victron Multiplus-ii 2x120 charger/inverter by chance? I'm looking at buying a used 2012 36RL and I want to have the dealer install an inverter that will power the entire unit while not connected to shore power. I also want the device to be compatible with lithium batteries as I'm planning to use 4x100AH lithiums. Do you have any pictures of your setup? I'd definitely be interested in checking out what you've done!

Thanks!
Ormrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 01:16 AM   #15

Yes, mine is the new multi plus II. So far, I feel like I made the right choice. I did the install myself, given this is my trade it's not a difficult install. scale of 1 ~10 this was a 7. Just a tip, wait until the black Friday sale after thanksgiving and buy it from Battleborn battery's direct off their web page. You may even find a few days before thanksgiving the offer some great deals!

If you send me a PM with your cell phone number I can send you a few pictures

Mark
Old 11-17-2022, 05:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
Yes, mine is the new multi plus II. So far, I feel like I made the right choice. I did the install myself, given this is my trade it's not a difficult install. scale of 1 ~10 this was a 7. Just a tip, wait until the black Friday sale after thanksgiving and buy it from Battleborn battery's direct off their web page. You may even find a few days before thanksgiving the offer some great deals!

If you send me a PM with your cell phone number I can send you a few pictures

Mark
Thanks Mark. I sent you a PM with my number, I'd love to see some pictures of your installation. One question I had while I was thinking about this is, what do you do with the onboard converter? With the Victron handling the charging while on shore power, I assume it's probably easiest just to disconnect or switch off the breaker for the built-in converter?
Ormrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:11 AM   #17

My onboard battery charger is still installed but its is the only thing powered off the breaker so I just turn it off , If I ever need to pull the Victron out I can still use the camper with a quick splice on the feed and turn back on the old charger. true I can't get the battery back to full charge but 80% is fine given I have 500-amp hours' worth of Battleborn lithium batteries. the original 1000-watt inverter is still installed but the DC side is turned off and the AC side is spiced though so its again a 10 min fix assuming we are on the road and need the refrigerator running while on the road. Its set up like a NASA mission with redundant backup systems.
Old 09-10-2023, 10:04 PM   #18

I have exact same unit and same issue. I have not been able to get any answers from Crossroads or a service tech that has attempted to trace issue down. We’re you able to find a resolution?
Mitchelljason32 is offline   Reply With Quote