Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Site Team

We have a dog and 2 cats. Traveling with the dog is no problem. He's laid back, loves people, and considers the back seat "his". Tracy would like to take the 2 cats with us ......... I'm really not sure how well they'll ride in the truck especially since they will need to be in a carrier. We're curious if any of you travel with a cat or two and if so, do you take them in the truck or are they in the coach ? Seems to us that they might be happier in the coach, but we're really not sure.

Experiences are welcome as are ideas !
Old 03-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #2

We have traveled with both. We always put the cat in the coach. While he was a little freaked at first, he got used to it.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #3

Ditto. We cleaned out one of the small shoe cabinets in the front of our RL and put a blanket in it. The cat knows we are going to be moving our coach when I start hooking up and immediately heads for his little hidie-hole. He doesn't come out until we extend the slides. As for our dogs, both travel with us in our truck.Edited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperguy
We have a dog and 2 cats. Traveling with the dog is no problem. He's laid back, loves people, and considers the back seat "his". Tracy would like to take the 2 cats with us ......... I'm really not sure how well they'll ride in the truck especially since they will need to be in a carrier. We're curious if any of you travel with a cat or two and if so, do you take them in the truck or are they in the coach ? Seems to us that they might be happier in the coach, but we're really not sure.

Experiences are welcome as are ideas !
Vaughan - We have the opposite combination, 2 dogs and 1 cat. The dogs - GermanShepherd puppy & old Lab are no problem, but the cat???

He hates the car, so if he does travel I am going to try in the coach, initially inside a crate, until he hopefully becomes comfortable with travel. The boss want to bring him, I'm not so sure.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #5

We travel with 4 American Shorthair Cats (Show Cats). We removed the back seat in the TV and installed an Ultra Lite Cage up on a low platform which gives room for storage under the cage. I added a divider to the cage makeing an upper and lower level, with litter box, food, & water on each level. There's a pass-thru hole between levels, but if not getting along it can be closed off makeing two separate areas. Wouldn't let them ride in the rig unless they were confined as there is an area under our bedroom slide where they could get up under the bed. Would hate to have to disassemble the rig to get them out so we could extend the slide.
Now a slight disclaimer here, they have been traveling with us since they were kittens so they have logged more miles than a lot of people.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #6

My cat rides in the coach, up on the couch in the FL. No problem, when we bring in the slides, she heads for the couch and stays put till we stop and then she is at the door wanting out