Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Site Team

Well after a long wait my wife and I went over to tour the factory...and we met up with "OZ" the man behind the curtain (Andy the factory Rep). He gave us a tour and thoroughly answered EVERY question I've ever had about these trailer as well as those I've read on this forum. (yes I did see the table..it does swivel and yes it's very nice)

We got there just before closing time so we had the factory pretty much to ourselves with a camera. I was sold on these units before this tour but now... WOW do they build a nice unit.We saw about 12 trailers in various stages of production from the bareframe all the way to being weighed and shipped out. We also got to see ours!

When I got there some of the guys were walking out to their cars to go home. One of the younger guys and I started talking. He had nothing to gain by what he said, he just saw my camera and was asking questions about it. Anyway he said and I quote.." I've worked at several of the RV factories and I've never seen a factory like this. They push quality and not quantity...these are really nice units and you know that's REAL wood not platic. We only produce 6 a day and they really listen to what people want"Usually if you want to know dirt about a factory or production shop just ask one of the workers, well this was impressive.

Poor Andy, I think I asked more questions than a jealous wife and he took it all in stride
If you have any questions about the quality of Redwood RV...do youself a favor and tour the factory
Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #2

I'm planning on it next week who did you contact to set up your tour?

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #3

Andy Wesdorp is the best. I had many very detailed questions, both before and after ordering. Some he had to research, go to the floor and measureor talk to engineers about. Most times, he would answer my emails within minutes.Even during show season, he'd answeremails while waiting for a plane. I was able to stop and say hi at the Springfield (MA) RV show. Can't say enough good about the Redwood team.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #4

Where can I find Andy's Email address?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #5

awesdorp@redwood-rv.com

He's Eastern Regional Sales Manager. Not sure where the territories split.Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #6

Thanks 5th time

Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #7

Dave&Ginny, did they say anything about a problem dry camping in the Redwood? We plan on dry camping most of the summer, so that could be a deal breaker on the Redwood if it is a problem.

We will be parked on family properties in Alberta and Sask, and have access to water and can dump the sewer in their septic system with a macerator pump, and will use solar panels and a genny for back-up power. Winters would be at a park, so would have full hook-ups.

I am still hoping for a Redwood, but its going to depend on what we get on the sale of the acreage.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

What information did you get on rv weights and G tire and wheel info...Did you get to see your unit
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #9

You said you took your camera. Do you have any photos to share? I would love to see units in production!!
droberts91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #10

Robin'N'Marian,

The redwood is much like any other 5th wheel for dry camping. who ever told you you can't dry camp in a Redwood is full of #*^

Lillyputz
Old 03-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #11

This is whatI posted march 19th at 6:21 pm in another thread in this forum
" The redwood is really no different than any other RV out there as far as systems go so I don't understand where this is coming from but on another post someone said they were told not to travel with a full tank of fresh water, I can understand this as it is heavy to carry ( 100 gallons of water is 800 pounds of weight) and it is hard on the tank to travel fully loaded but people do it anyway. As far as electric it's the same as any other RV out there you either have power via a Gen set or a inverter for dry camping. Maybe some one is trying to stir some sh%t because they once again don't know what there talking about."

Ifsomeone is telling people not to dry camp in a redwoodthey are spreading a false rumor andapparently they don't now what they are talking about AGAIN!

Old 03-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #12

I agree with you, Lillyputz and KR2011, but I wanted to confirm they were full of it!

Marian

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #13

We have dry camped for many years mostly weekends with occasional weeks here and there. Extreme weather was the challenge however. We did discover a few tricksā€?phone in advance for a watering hole to fill up for a small fee. (Better to offer and make friends.) Buy your ice in big bagsā€?some for the cooler the rest in the freezer. Also buy spring water big jugs or totable from a water source. Ran the gen in the morning for the fa.ily stuff and then in the late afternoon. Quick showers or better yet bath house. If it yellow let it mellow and so on flush with dish water. Spend as much time out side as possible. Run one vent fan on medium to bring cool air through. We never dumped gray on the ground. Honey wagons for black.All said we do have a solar panel and that helps. I would suggest that you start off a few days at a time and keep extending from that point. There are thousands of people who do it so it can't be all that bad especially in these rigs.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin'n'Marian
Dave&Ginny, did they say anything about a problem dry camping in the Redwood? We plan on dry camping most of the summer, so that could be a deal breaker on the Redwood if it is a problem.

We will be parked on family properties in Alberta and Sask, and have access to water and can dump the sewer in their septic system with a macerator pump, and will use solar panels and a genny for back-up power. Winters would be at a park, so would have full hook-ups.

I am still hoping for a Redwood, but its going to depend on what we get on the sale of the acreage.

The only think I saw that I didn't like was that the fresh water tank (104 gallons) is below the basement. Not all of that weight would go to the pin but a good share of it would. If you have a dually that still shouldn't be a problem. In your case you won't have to worry about the water anyway. These units ARE intended and warranted for full time use.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

What information did you get on rv weights and G tire and wheel info...Did you get to see your unit
Yes I have a picture of me and my wife standing next to our unit with the G rate tires on it. Several of the units had G rated tires.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by droberts91

You said you took your camera. Do you have any photos to share? I would love to see units in production!!
YES I took several picture but don't know how to post them on this site. Send me your email and I'll be happy to send some to you. These are VERY big pictures because of the camera I was using but I can email them through my work computer.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #17

Dave you can call me and i will help you post the photos or you can email them to me and i will post them for you.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #18

I also would love to see the pictures that were taken at the factory! Please post them on the forum.
d-man31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man31
I also would love to see the pictures that were taken at the factory! Please post them on the forum.
x2!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #20

I, too, would like to see the photos. Or you can email them to me at: rvsbykerry@yahoo.com.