Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #1

Titan Disc Brakes

Yesterday I had Titan Disc Brakes installed on our 2014 38GK. All I can say is WOW what and improvement. The work was done by The Trailer Shoppe in Leola PA. The owner Carl Martin and his staff did an outstanding job. The parts did not show up until about 2:00 pm (no fault of The Trailer Shoppe) and I out was out of there around 5. Carl and 2 of his guys went all out to get this done which saved me getting a room for the night and ensured I was home last night so I could attend to my business today. It was also nice that Mike Daly from Titan was there overseeing the work. I can stop/slow down in a much shorter distant which is a good feeling knowing it will help when those "situations" occur. For anyone who is thinking of upgrading to disc brakes I highly recommend Titan and the Trailer Shoppe. Also to kill some time I went to Cabela's in Hamburg PA which is about an hour away. If you have never been there it is worth taking the time to walk there the store. Also it is Amish country there with beautiful farms and horse and buggies on the roads.
Here is the The Trailer Shoppe's info:
THE TRAILER SHOPPE
306 NEWPORT RD
LEOLA PA 17540
(717) 556-8452
CARL MARTIN
Marty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #2

Glad it all worked out for you.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty51 View Post
Yesterday I had Titan Disc Brakes installed on our 2014 38GK. All I can say is WOW what and improvement. The work was done by The Trailer Shoppe in Leola PA. The owner Carl Martin and his staff did an outstanding job. The parts did not show up until about 2:00 pm (no fault of The Trailer Shoppe) and I out was out of there around 5. Carl and 2 of his guys went all out to get this done which saved me getting a room for the night and ensured I was home last night so I could attend to my business today. It was also nice that Mike Daly from Titan was there overseeing the work. I can stop/slow down in a much shorter distant which is a good feeling knowing it will help when those "situations" occur. For anyone who is thinking of upgrading to disc brakes I highly recommend Titan and the Trailer Shoppe. Also to kill some time I went to Cabela's in Hamburg PA which is about an hour away. If you have never been there it is worth taking the time to walk there the store. Also it is Amish country there with beautiful farms and horse and buggies on the roads.
THE TRAILER SHOPPE
306 NEWPORT RD
LEOLA PA 17540
(717) 556-8452
CARL MARTIN
ahhhh so your the second guy !! Carl did mine the day before... I met Carl a few years ago and introduced Ron and Titan to him.. I hope he gets more business form Titan , as he is good at what he does..!
And I agree , what a difference in stopping power ! !
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty51 View Post
THE TRAILER SHOPPE
306 NEWPORT RD
LEOLA PA 17540
(717) 556-8452
CARL MARTIN
That is GREAT to hear!

Also- fun story about that particular Cabela's location. When I was growing up, my family took our RV from Tampa, Florida to upstate NY once a year. The Cabela's in PA was our 1st day goal EVERY year. If we could JUST make it to Cabela's...then they would let us camp in the parking lot, and long as we woke up and went shopping in the morning ;-)

You haven't really lived until you've unleashed 6 brothers under the age of 13 in a sporting goods store that was easily bigger than the local shopping mall.
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #5

First 6 brothers? Wow. So that means 1 queen? ;-) I was there from about 10 to 1 and could have spent more time. I want to get back to that area next month with my wife, go to Cabela's and ride around the Leola area to see all the farms and I hear there is a big shopping area near by. Carl from Trailer Shoppe mentioned it to me. Thanks for the story sounds like you have a lot of great memories.
Marty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #6

Well...I DID have to share the rule with 2 other queens. But I was the OLDEST queen, which counts for something, right?
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote