Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #1

Tires

Subject has been beaten to death I am sure, but best recommendation to get the goodyears from? G114, preferable with rims...
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:49 AM   #2

Contact these folks: https://trailersetgo.com/
Replaced my GY G114s at last years Rally with Sailuns on new 17.5 rims. Sailun on a new rim was less than a bare G114.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:55 AM   #3

try here for Goodyears- - https://simpletire.com/goodyear-215-...56246567-tires
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:49 PM   #4

Many 5th wheel forums have advocated getting Sailun tires over the more expensive G114’s to save money. Sailun is considered one of the better tire companies in China. Sailun’s are also made in Vietnam, whereas the G114’s are made in the USA. I’m sure I’ll get some backlash at saying this, but if you do further investigation, you’ll find that the biggest knock on Sailun’s is that they are softer and will tend to wear more. They are known as a third tier tire brand because they focus on price rather than quality and performance. I went with the G114 in a 17.5 aluminum cast rim. They are heavier and after over 15,000 miles show no real evidence of wear. They are H rated at 75 mph. I’ve also read that Goodyear stands behind their tires in case of failure. I’ll stick my money in confidence and known quality, warranty and something that is made in the USA when I can. I think you’re making the best choice. I purchased ours through a local dealership that matched best prices anywhere, plus offers full service.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #5

I was planning on replacing my G114s with the same, but when one exploded on the way to last years Rally for no known cause I changed my mind and ordered the Sailuns on new rims that were delivered to the Rally Campground. I changed them out myself and can not say if the GY were heavier because both are really heavy. we've now got 7600 miles and no complaints and still look like new. Only time will tell, but some on the Montana Forum have already gone through as set of Sailuns and are on their second.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 08-30-2020, 09:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post
Many 5th wheel forums have advocated getting Sailun tires over the more expensive G114’s to save money. Sailun is considered one of the better tire companies in China. Sailun’s are also made in Vietnam, whereas the G114’s are made in the USA. I’m sure I’ll get some backlash at saying this, but if you do further investigation, you’ll find that the biggest knock on Sailun’s is that they are softer and will tend to wear more. They are known as a third tier tire brand because they focus on price rather than quality and performance. I went with the G114 in a 17.5 aluminum cast rim. They are heavier and after over 15,000 miles show no real evidence of wear. They are H rated at 75 mph. I’ve also read that Goodyear stands behind their tires in case of failure. I’ll stick my money in confidence and known quality, warranty and something that is made in the USA when I can. I think you’re making the best choice. I purchased ours through a local dealership that matched best prices anywhere, plus offers full service.
I've read on several forums about GY replacing the tire & repairing rv damaged in the event of blowouts. From speaking to some that have had the blowouts with the GY it's necessary that you gather as many of the tire remnants & the carcass to return to GY so they can determine if it was due to a tire defect or improper inflation or other lack of attention by the user before any repairs or replacement occurs, no carcass no warranty.
I had the GY 16" G rated from the factory that I replaced all 4 with the Sailun 17.5" Hs already mounted on aluminum wheels shipped to my location for less than the price of 3 of the GY Gs. So yes it was totally due to price, but when I sold the RW the Sailuns had between 6k to 10k & looked brand new.
I would have preferred the American made GYs, but at more than twice the price my budget wouldn't allow spending that difference for a name.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
I’m on my second set of Sailun tires with complete satisfaction. They wear like steel and are rated for 75 mph speed. Interesting to note that my friend just took delivery of a new Montana fifth wheel which came from the factory with Sailun tires. Hard to understand why redwood continues to supply no name cheap tires which continue to have failures.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:34 PM   #8

Must be saving at least a penny per tire!!

Tags
tires