Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #1

Theatre seating operation?

I have the typical 2-seat recliners with the "Square" cup holders with the blue light operation. Don't really like the fact that you have to hold your finger in the open and close light to get it to work. Question....a couple times I have done something, that I can not replicate that reclines the chair completely WITHOUT holding the light the whole time? I like that and would like to know if anyone else has done this or knows something I don't?
RonLaDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #2

I cannot help you but know exactly what you are talking about because I have done the same thing on a few occasions. Have not been able to figure out what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bama.Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply here. Last night my wife thought she had it figured out by double tapping the open light...but couldn't replicate it either? I wonder if a wired remote is available for this unit? I had one of the seats flipped up the other day and noticed a pigtail wire that has the same end as is plugged into the power block...hmmm?
Old 09-14-2017, 12:25 AM   #4

Well since they have such a great owners manual...[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 02:54 AM   #5

I found a customer service for the Lippert Company that makes the seats....going to call them tomorrow and see what they say about the operation of them AND if they make a corded remote for them. Will post what I find out!��
Old 09-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #6

Just got off the phone with Lippert customer service. Asked them about a wired remote for the seating and there IS NOT ONE, Only remote is for the heating only seating which mine is not (mine has massage, heat reclining etc.) ALSO, the recliner is not supposed to recline back with one motion like it occasionally does (which is nice) Sooooo.... not the news I was looking for. The customer service number is: 574-537-8900 in case others have need to contact them, they are in Elkhart, IN.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the update Ron. So it sounds like the "auto-recline" is an undocumented random feature - aka "a bug".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk