Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #1

The straw that broke the camels back, occured today. If anyone has had numerous repair and paintproblems and are tired of there unit falling apart, here maybe your solution. It's called the Magnuson-Moss Warrenty Act. These attorney's specialize in RV LEMONS.

Pryor, Ramirez & Amar. 866-772-5529. 480-947-7755.

Lillyputz.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #2

Lily,

If you don't mind what are some of the issues you have had with your redwood? I ask because I also have a Redwood 36re. We custom ordered it in January and received it in April. We have had multiple problems with ours as well. We have not had good service through Redwood as they are not wanting to cover some of it. It's extremely frustrating to have a brand new coach and spend the amount of money we have and the manufacturer not stand behind their product. I did extensive research before we made our final decision and purchase. Everything I initially found on Redwood was good review and outstanding service. Please reply if you don't mind just so that I could make comparisons.

Thank you,
Ashley

Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #3

Hi Ashley,

What are the issues that you state Redwood would not stand behind? I Haven't heard of any to this point.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #4

Lillyputz
If you want something that's perfect open up your wallet and buy a Prevost on sale only 1.5 mil and if you don't like something they will sent someone over to kiss your A--
Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley

Lily,

If you don't mind what are some of the issues you have had with your redwood? I ask because I also have a Redwood 36re. We custom ordered it in January and received it in April. We have had multiple problems with ours as well. We have not had good service through Redwood as they are not wanting to cover some of it. It's extremely frustrating to have a brand new coach and spend the amount of money we have and the manufacturer not stand behind their product. I did extensive research before we made our final decision and purchase. Everything I initially found on Redwood was good review and outstanding service. Please reply if you don't mind just so that I could make comparisons.

Thank you,
Ashley

Ashly,

I'm kind of surprised that this is your first post yet you said you've had problems. Usually we find folks on here that have asked questions or done research.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley

Lily,

Thank you,
Ashley

Ashley, I must say I'm impressed. In checking your member profile I see you're a 27 year old female. Most of us didn't get into the upper end RV's until after the kids were raised. Either you're a very driven young lady or you married right

Old 12-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #7

Or someone that has nothing to do with there life other that join forums and try to start trouble sick sick I think we are going to start needing a serial number to join most of the other ones do
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
Or someone that has nothing to do with there life other that join forums and try to start trouble sick sick I think we are going to start needing a serial number to join most of the other ones do
I agree, I was on another forum last June when someone said that they had a Redwood and it was the worst trailer that they had ever had. But then on another thread she said how much she loved her Rushmore.

The problem is that most future buyers will join a forum to ask questions and get information. One way around this mess I guess would be to put them under another title instead of being a "Newbe" they could be listed as a "seeker"
Old 12-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree with you more. I am not an owner (yet), this forum is gold for those of us trying to decide much like you did at one time. I am sure you could have benefited from all the fine people on this forum willing to share their experiencesalong with ourability to be able to ask questions.If you want Redwood and this forum to grow I think it would be a big mistake to block out potential buyers... my 5 cents worth.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
Site Team

We always want to be a source of correct information and I think we have a great group of people on here that will help anybody seeking information.

A perfect RV doesn't exist but a great RV company standing behind their product does, it's Redwood.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Site Team

Well stated Dave. From what I've seen and heard Redwood is striving to get better and is doing so.Edited by: Blenhardt
Old 12-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #12

They always allow lookers and if your not to lazy to do a search you can get almost all your answers
Just my five cents(that's what it cost to make two penny's )
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #13

Wow ! Well yes I am only 27 and I am married to my best friend who is 29 January will be 7 years. We work very hard and we travel all over the country so our fifth wheel is our home. I don't think you should automatically condemn or think someone is a pot stirrer just because they are so young or you have never seen a post from them before. I actually read many of your posts before I bought my Redwood thank you very much. I have lived in a travel trailer for eight years so I know what i'm looking at and what i'm doing. Also I believe some of your comments are extremely rude and presumptuous.

Lily,
The main issue is that we were sitting in our trailer when all of a sudden our dining room window busted. I know that they have a purge in them so i'm assuming that the purge had a leak in it that caused the initial blow because our window actually bulged outwards. They are double paned windows and the pane on the inside is absolutely fine. Nothing hit my window, there was no storm, there was no wind and as I said before we were sitting still in the park. I spoke with my dealer first and he informed me that the same day the same thing happened on a 36re sitting on his lot.I have spoke with Redwood and emailed them pictures. They told me to just pay for it out of pocket. It is clearly visible that nothing hit the window. This is only one thing in a string of many. Only a couple major things mostly minor but still extremely aggravating when you buy new and expect quality.

Thank you - Ashley
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #14

Ashley, who are you dealling with at Redwood? Hopefully it is Brian. We had an issue with our axels and Redwood replaced both of them and were extremely supportive in all of our warranty work. I would readdress this issue and press it hard with Redwood management. I have not had a bad experience with Redwood regarding any warranty issue. If you want to discuss this in more detail send me a note at my email which is coljdm60@gmail.com Thanks John
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #15

John, I have spoken with Brian as well as e-mailed him.He was supposed to contact to me when he received my email which was over two weeks ago and noweverytime I try to contact him it just goes straight to voicemail and he will not return my calls at all. I agree I think it is anissue that needs to be pressed hard, but when noone will speak to you it's hard to be heard.It's extremely frustrating!
Thanks Ashley
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #16

Ashley have you tried Linda Alleman call 5744577821. She was extremely responsive to our needs. Additionally, there is a website that provides information regarding authorized crossroads services departments. That site is http://www.crossroadsrv.com/buyers/service_center.asp. Perhaps you can find a dealer close to you and work with them regarding the warranty work.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #17

Thank you so much for the information
I will try to contact her. Thanks Ashley
Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #18

Lilyputz, let me ask you again. Can you please share a list of your issues? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #19

I find this interesting. You were bashing the brand before you even purchased one. I don't get it. If you got a bad unit certainly you must have expected it. Either share your detailed list for those of us that are making a decision or leave the brand alone.

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 1182px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr><td valign="top" ="msgOddTableTop" style=": rgb251, 251, 253; font-size: 11px; height: 15px; ">Posted: 04Nov2011 at 10:20am</td></tr><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 1033px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">Checking the form on irv2.com. it looks like redwood has a major quality control problem, both at the factory and dealerships. not looking good on my list.

Lillyputz</td></tr></t></table>
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #20

Didn't he already do this on page #12 of the topic "Are You Happy With Your Dealer"? It's right there.

He shouldn't have to do this again...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Closed Thread