Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2013, 03:48 AM   #1

Has anyone changed the Queen Mattress from the one supplied in the RW 38GK? I would really like to use a TempurPedic, but not sure if the mattresses in an RV are the same or different from what you would have in a house. This is all new to us. We should be purchasing our RW within the next few weeks and the biggest change for us is going from a King to a Queen bed. I just want the bed to be super comfortable.

Any advice you have is greatly appreciated!

Sharon
SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Site Team

Some RV's companies use a shorter mattress but Redwood does not. I took my sleep number bed out of my house and put it in my RL. I then bought a new bed for my house. If you're used to sleeping on a TempurPedic, I don't think you'll be comfortable with the regular mattress found in the Redwood.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #3

We purchased a 2 1/2 inch memory foam topper for our mattress and we are very comfortable. We have a 36FL and we just fold the topper back to allow the mattress to slide into the dresser drawers.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #4

Thanks. Maybe we will try the topper first.

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #5

Before we got our '12 Redwood, we had two Airstreams. And after sleeping on Tempur-Pedic's at home, we just had to have one onboard. For the Airstream, we had to have a local upholstery shop actually cut down the length of a queen sized Tempur-Pedic to fit. Easy to do if you need a custom size. While our current Redwood has a queen, our next Redwood will have a king Tempur-pedic, unless we keep this trailer and install a larger bed.

Has anyone taking out the nightstands next to the stock queen bed? And were they screwed in or what?