Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #1

Splitter for cable tv

I have a 2012 36RL and have started to get a lot of pixelating on my main tv. The bedroom tv and tv in storage bay works great. I am wanting to locate the splitter and was hoping I could get some help. Tried Crossroads service today and they said they had no idea where it is. Hoping it is splitter or bad cable.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #2

Posted on other forum...look in left cabinet next to bedroom TV
Old 03-27-2014, 03:53 AM   #3

Bruce,
Roland & I traced out mine & found cable & sat splitters by removing light fixture above top right of bedroom tv, may have dig a bit, but both are there, orange for sat & gray for ant/cable. Mine had "in" on "out" & splitter was bad. Cable from conv. center goes to booster to splitter to TV's. If I can help further give me a call.
Danny
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired educators View Post
I have a 2012 36RL and have started to get a lot of pixelating on my main tv. The bedroom tv and tv in storage bay works great. I am wanting to locate the splitter and was hoping I could get some help. Tried Crossroads service today and they said they had no idea where it is. Hoping it is splitter or bad cable.
Thanks for all of the feedback but I have found that problem is the tv. Taking it to see what cost would be for repair but I will probably replace it. Figure will be too pricey to fix. If you have a Toshiba tv I hope yours last longer than mine has. Tried talking to Toshiba but what a waste of time. They wanted to charge me for tech support. Definitely will not ever buy a Toshiba product.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #5

I've had numerous Toshibas, some when we had the house and several in different RVs, and had good luck with them. In this day and age, I don't know if I'd ever have a tv repaired. I had one go bad one time and it would cost almost the price of a new one to get it repaired. I went with the new one.