Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #1

Slideout Scraping

When we took out the slides, we heard an awful scraping noise. My husband looked under the kitchen/entertainment slideout and noticed several wood screws have started working their way out between the main floor and the slide out making a groove in the bottom of the slideout. Anyone have this issue and how did you tighten up the screws since a screwdriver will not fit between the slideout and the floor. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks,
Debra
Jay & Deb Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #2

Best advice I can give you is to run the slide in a foot and put some wood under the corners of the slide and use hydraulic jacks to lift the slide up until it is close to the top of the opening. You may have enough room then to reach the screws with a angle screw driver or even cut the screw head off. If your slide-out needs to be pulled be sure that you research and find good repair shop that has done this repair in the past. Good Luck.