Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2020, 04:58 AM   #21

We have this issue on our 2014 38RE, except that we have carpet throughout the living area, and when pulling in the DR slide (passenger side) it is grabbing the carpet and ripping it up as it comes in. Also we have the rubber cement on the carpet where it is coming in. We have the very thin black PVC (I'm guessing on the material) corner "slider" pcs that are supposed to be attached to the floor of the slide out also, but the rear one has come completely loose from dragging when the slide goes out. And it is also very worn away at the trailing edge of the "slider" pc. Anyone else have carpet in the living area, and having this problem? Thanks in advance.
P.S. I just ordered the "slide slickers" from Amazon, should have them in a couple days, and I'm anxious to try them out.
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #22

Slideout problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langenhammer View Post
We have this issue on our 2014 38RE, except that we have carpet throughout the living area, and when pulling in the DR slide (passenger side) it is grabbing the carpet and ripping it up as it comes in. Also we have the rubber cement on the carpet where it is coming in. We have the very thin black PVC (I'm guessing on the material) corner "slider" pcs that are supposed to be attached to the floor of the slide out also, but the rear one has come completely loose from dragging when the slide goes out. And it is also very worn away at the trailing edge of the "slider" pc. Anyone else have carpet in the living area, and having this problem? Thanks in advance.
P.S. I just ordered the "slide slickers" from Amazon, should have them in a couple days, and I'm anxious to try them out.
The portable slide stickers will help. For some, it becomes a permanent solution, for others it’s temporary. We’re having the Duo Form slides installed by dealership, rather than that thin OEM black plastic. Having those slideout issues (sticking to carpet, marring or tearing the linoleum or carpet) is not just isolated to RW, many RV manufactures have same problem. Part of it is associated with slideout needing adjustment, part of it is just a poor mechanical design. I’ve seen some RV manufacturers address that with new mechanisms, but history will tell if they hold up or fail. Right now, our carpet transition strip looks terrible, sticky glue residue that attracts dirt and bits of carpeting torn. Very disappointing, because we have a clean unit otherwise.
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote