Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 08:26 PM   #1

Red face Slide Programming

Is there any way to reprogram the order in which the slides come in/out? All we can do on the Command Center screen on a 2020 RW4001LK is press "in" or "out". Most of the time when we are on the road, we just need to get back to the rear kitchen and only need the dining room slide to move out just a bit to get in. However, the slides go out with the Living room first then the kitchen then the dining room, so we have to move them all fully out before we can get to the kitchen. If we could reprogram the order it would be so much more convenient. I know in the Command master panel in the basement storage you can control each slide individually but didn't know if the order in which the slides move is an electronic issue in the Command Center or a hydraulic valve/hose issue. Thoughts?
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:47 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
If you look in th front where the batteries and hydraulic resevoir is there is a silver. Block or manifold that the hydraulic hoses go to on top there is 2 black screw knobs that when closed will only alow one side to move
Can't remember which one so you will have to try them seperately
Old 08-21-2020, 11:53 PM   #3

As it was explained to us for our 2021 4001LK by the dealer tech who seemed extremely knowledgeable, the three slides are hydraulic. They extend out based on the easiest first. So think of running water, it goes to the least resistance first. They come back in the same way. We have seen this when we have opened our slides on a slight angle. The side that is down angle goes out first but comes in last( it is going uphill). In the bay, the hydraulic access does have 3 adjusting screws to open or slow the slides, but does not impact which opens or closes first. Only slows down or speeds up the opening and closing. Of course if you close one off completely then that slide will not open. Because of the hydraulics involved, I do not believe there is any way to change which one opens or closes first. I have had the same situation where it would be nice to only open the dining room slide to get back to the kitchen. Again, this is based on what we were told by the tech when we took delivery and our actual experiences so far.
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:55 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
you are correct the one with the least resistance moves first
Old 08-22-2020, 12:02 AM   #5

Yep. Also, On the 2020 and 2021 4001LK they moved the hydraulics to an easy access panel in the front pass thru, so easier to get to
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:20 AM   #6

I had the same issue. Wanting one specific slide to open without the others. I installed a normally ooen solenoid valve inline on the hydraulic lines. Then I wired in electrical switches with indicator lights inside at my control panel. If I turn the switch on, it closes the valve and won’t allow that specific slide to open. Just have to remember the turn the switch off after you get the desired position of your slide or it may burn out the solenoid. Total cost about $50/slide you want to control plus a bit of time.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:32 PM   #7

This is totally genius and so easy to do! Great tip for a really custom mod ...
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote