Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2020, 03:04 AM   #1

Slide Out Skis?

Has anyone had any experience with "Duo Form Slide Out Skis"? They are plastic formed angles that are installed on the outside bottom corners of the main slide outs to stop water from destroying the plywood on the slide out bottoms and to give the slides a smooth hard surface to glide on without tearing up the bottom of the slide. Just thinking they look like a good idea and I was looking for feedback.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy1 View Post
Has anyone had any experience with "Duo Form Slide Out Skis"? They are plastic formed angles that are installed on the outside bottom corners of the main slide outs to stop water from destroying the plywood on the slide out bottoms and to give the slides a smooth hard surface to glide on without tearing up the bottom of the slide. Just thinking they look like a good idea and I was looking for feedback.
When I first got my 2020, 4 of the 5 slides would leave a black mark on the tile after the were moved in and out...

To fix it, the dealer installed them on all of the slides, they look good ( really can't see them) and no more marks on the floor....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:10 PM   #3

Has anyone attempted to install the "Duo-Form slides" themselves? I've watched a couple YouTube videos in where you jack up the slide, remove the old slide edges and replace with the duo-forms. The duo form website has very poor pics and info is relatively generic. I can't tell from the pics if these slides are rounded on the end. My slide edge approach corners have torn off, now I'm using the portable slide skis.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #4

I am in the process of installing the Dou Form slidout skis on my 3901WB. I will post pictures and advice when I am done next week.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:58 PM   #5

my dealer was supposed to install them during a warranty visit on my last fiver... I picked up the trailer late, so I didn't go in and check the work...

I got home after a 3 hr ride and it was not done. I called the dealer and they sent a guy to my house that following week. He was there for an hour or so.....

I was not there to see, but it was done in my driveway
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:58 AM   #6

remove the lower side wall trim piece with the screws on the lower edge of the slide . you will find you have a screw on the inside edge near the lip seal you need to run the slide in or out to get all your screws. Then bring your slide 7/8 of the way out, put a 2x6 x 18ish long under the slide room and jack up the room about 2" . useing a 2" wide putty knife get under the old one and peal the butal rubber holding it in place back slowly , it will re-glue itself if you let it. There is a slight taper tot he duo-skis on the end both its not much. Once the old one is out then you need to cut the new one , apply putty that it comes with and stick it. don't press it into place unless your positive its in the right place. replace the side molding , I would suggest caulking the top of the metal strip and your done. Make sure you check the roof for damage if you jack it up to much you could tear the rubber roof.