Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #1

Slide-out LED lighting

I have a 2016 36RL. Recently while setting up, I extended the street-side slide-out and while doing so, the LED accent lights came on. I tried to switch them off, to no avail. I cant see anywhere on the coach where I could inspect the wiring or other equipment that would control them. When I bring the slide in, the LED lights will go off. Anyone experience this problem? Its just the street-slide. The curb-side LED lights are fine.
rhand48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:31 PM   #2

You have LEDs on both sides of your RW? Did not know they ever put them on the street side?? Awnings on both sides?? I'm very confused. I suppose your talking about the accent lights inside on the slide ends?
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:39 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
When they were working properly does one switch turn on both sides or seperated switches.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #4

Led lights

These are interior LED strips that are built into the facial trim on each side of the kitchen slide. This set of LEDs is controlled by a switch on the wall of the slide.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #5

They are controlled by separate switches. One for the kitchen slide and the other for the living room slide.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #6

This may or may not be the case, but sometimes a Switch terminal or leg can get bent and make contact making the connection. If the switch cover can be easily removed I would remove the cover and the switch itself and look at the connections. Even a single wire strand not being completely in the terminal can make the connection to the other leg of the switch and make the lights come on. LED lights need very little power to run. Again this might not be what is happening in your case but I would take it out to look at it. The pressure of the fascia wood trim in the slide out might be moving the switch slightly.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #7

Switch

I'm not at the coach. I'll let you know when I look at it in the AM. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:21 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Is the switch located on the slide. If so when the slide stops going out it may be pinching the wires at the switch together causing the lights to turn on and when coming in it takes the pressure off causing the wires to separate. Also does the switch work to turn them on when the slides are in
Old 05-19-2016, 10:07 PM   #9

My kitchen slide LED lights worked for a week, now they just blow the fuse.
The wiring at the switch is OK, I think the wire from the switch to the LED is pinched by a staple somewhere.
I discounted the wire from the switch and covered it with tape so I could use the lights above the microwave.

GMC 3500HD DRW, Curt Q24 hitch, 1100 watts Solar,
Redwood 2015.5 38RE, 8K axels, disk breaks, 5.5K Onan, full body paint, residential fridge, slide in a slide. Dual heat pumps, dual awnings, dishwasher, linc Pad.
Victor&Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote