Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2020, 02:34 PM   #1

Shower Tile Surround in 4001LK Model

For the 4001LK owners, is anyone having an issue with the tile surround in the shower where it "bubbles" away from the wall? It happens when the sun heats up that side of the coach and then when it cools off (like in shade or at night) it will "reattach" to the wall until it heats up again. If so, did you contact Redwood? We tried to get ours fixed under warranty (we picked up the unit in July) and the dealer told us the claim was denied because it does that "by design". No further explanation was given. I call BS but then again, I'm not a rocket scientist. If anyone can pass on some insight, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa, Bill & Kiana (our spoiled Malamute)
2020 Chevy Silverado High Country CC DRW
2021 Redwood 4001LK "Big Blue"
ljvda1221@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljvda1221@gmail.com View Post
For the 4001LK owners, is anyone having an issue with the tile surround in the shower where it "bubbles" away from the wall? It happens when the sun heats up that side of the coach and then when it cools off (like in shade or at night) it will "reattach" to the wall until it heats up again. If so, did you contact Redwood? We tried to get ours fixed under warranty (we picked up the unit in July) and the dealer told us the claim was denied because it does that "by design". No further explanation was given. I call BS but then again, I'm not a rocket scientist. If anyone can pass on some insight, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
BS Meter.jpg
I'd call Thor, Keystone, Crossroads or whoever handles customer service for Redwoods currently & have them send you to a dealer that's not too lazy to do their job & doesn't think you're stupid enough to believe their BS.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Attachment 3935
I'd call Thor, Keystone, Crossroads or whoever handles customer service for Redwoods currently & have them send you to a dealer that's not too lazy to do their job & doesn't think you're stupid enough to believe their BS.
Nope, sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. It wasnt the dealer that told us that. Crossroads told the dealer they arent authorizing the repair because Crossroads designed it that way. The dealer thinks they are nuts also. And since its only 3 months old and came out of the factory that way, I don't feel I should have to pay for it.

Lisa, Bill & Kiana (our spoiled Malamute)
2020 Chevy Silverado High Country CC DRW
2021 Redwood 4001LK "Big Blue"
ljvda1221@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #4

I'd still call Crossroads myself! Some times it's the way the dealer worded or described the issue. And in some cases the dealer doesn't want to do the work & what's a better excuse than blaming the manufacturer for denying the claim.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:17 PM   #5

I took ours to the dealer. They said they took the shower apart and glued certain areas and told us that the surround needs to flex with the RV. It’s a one piece, maybe if they didn’t use a one piece it would not need to flex. I’ll keep an eye on ours on our upcoming trip.
lsbtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #6

So, has Redwood eliminated the one piece shower? If so that is a big mistake if you ask me. One of the reasons I bought my 2013 31sl was because of the one piece solid shower.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:06 PM   #7

No, the shower is a one piece. But, the dealer says not all sides and area can be glued since the shower needs to flex with the RV
lsbtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:39 PM   #8

Shower

We have 2020 3901 WB with the same issue and dealer response. I was most concerned with the way it pops out at the bottom. I used clear caulk at the bottom and put some lengths of wood between the wall and the bottom glass door track to hold the wall in place while it set. No more popping out at the bottom.
Andypar is offline   Reply With Quote