Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #21

I have a 31sl and the shower didn't appear to leak when I picked it up but the first time we used the shower, well we flooded the bathroom floor. We took it back and the tech re-caulked with DAP, supposedly fixed it. Next time out, we used the shower and just 1/2 flooded the floor so I decided to fix it myself. I got down on the floor with a flashlight and could see light through the bottom tract. There was a spot about 4 inches long on the inside of the shower where the original caulking was not up against the tract. wanting to do it right, I removed as much of the DAP that I could, taped off the areas I wanted to caulk and re-caulked with clear 100% silicone caulk. Problem solved and it looks a lot more professional!!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #22

I still do have an issue with the sliding doors on my 31sl. Am I the only one that thinks the wrong doors are being used on the shower? I can't believe that when the doors are closed for a shower, the openings between the glass face the shower. I think the doors should be reversed. I have seen another manufacturer's fifth wheel with a similar shower and bathroom setup and their doors open the opposite way. Does anyone have a contact for the door manufacturer that I could contact to see if these doors could be reversed?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #23

I didn't think my shower had the leak problem but I found out it does, so I'll be putting clear silicone on the inside of the bottom track too
Old 08-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #24

I consider my shower doors backwards as well. I thought about fixing them, but it is a lot of work as the handles, lock and rollers all have to be moved. Mine does not leak, but the wife hates the water slots behind the overlapping doors.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #25

The 38gk we are getting has frosted glass, so hope that helps with the streaking !
but the shower gestapo has always had a squeegee and 'suggested' use each time leaving the shower.
We've also found that a good cleaning and Rain-X helps it stay cleaner longer...

but you are correct, the overlap should be such that there is not a direct line from showerhead to outside but it's not a show stopper as I'm sure Mrs gestapo will demand a towel on all exposed surfaces so HER rv stays clean.

johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinder
I consider my shower doors backwards as well. Â*I thought about fixing them, but it is a lot of work as the handles, lock and rollers all have to be moved. Mine does not leak, but the wife hates the water slots behind the overlapping doors.
I looked at the possibility of changing my doors also but I thought "this should be a warranty issue, why should I have to change them?". I'm not sure that the existing doors could be changed or if it would just be easier to get new doors. If I could find out who provides the doors to Redwood I would contact the company and get their opinion.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #27

Johnboytoo - Sounds like your DW and I would be good friends. I, too, have to have my shower door cleaned after each use. Same in the stick and bricks. Squeegee is the best way to not have that nasty build up. We are doing the same in the GK and yes I have to use the towel to get into those spaces that overlap. It's a little bit more work, but I love everything clean. My DH knows the drill!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #28

We've been using Shower Clean after every shower. Spray on rit after you get out. We can go a week without a major clean. Replaced the gasket at bottom with a longer piece as well.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #29

We had a couple of issues with our 38GK shower. First, our shower door lower track was not caulked and we too flooded the hallway floor. A bead of caulk fixed that problem. Second, the hot and cold water was reversed. Had to remove the bedroom access panel and re plumb the shower faucet. We have had 15-20 issues like these I have had to fix. We are still finding little "surprises" as we go along.
rayrussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Flyer
We've been using Shower Clean after every shower. Spray on rit after you get out. We can go a week without a major clean. Replaced the gasket at bottom with a longer piece as well.

Where can you get one of these wider pieces?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #31

I took the top piece off and went to Lowes. The replacement I got was wider and longer. Had to trim it with a pair of scissors to fit. No leaks and it actually folds in better.

USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #32

Thanks.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote