Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #1

As I read about all the great changes a lot of the Redwood owners are making in their own rigs....it makes me wish I could see what some of you have been doing to make your Redwood suit your needs even better. If I feel this way... I know there are others who feel the same way.

So, I am making a special request! Redwood is doing a terrific job in manufacturing these units and catering to most all of our needs, however, can you share a quick photo of how you are making your unit suit your needs even better?

For example: Someone added a magnetic knife rack on the back splash of their kitchen wall using epoxy glue. Can you show us a photo along with explaining the steps in which you took to make that happen?

Someone installed towel bars in the bathroom - or hung more lovely pictures on the walls. A photo and instructions on how it was accomplished will help others who are needing direction in possibly making those same changes or something similar.

Royce and Rachel attached these nifty cups holders to the wall next to their sofa (which has no special place for drinks, and if you know Royce, he certainly needed to have a place for a drink ).....I wish they would share with a photo and instructions on how they made it all happened.

Let's help one another in sharing ideas on some of the great changes we have made to our units. It will help make the Redwood experience even better!! Oh, and I thank you ahead of time for doing do.

Lady E Cooper
My RV kitchen

TXRVProfessor&LadyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
par

I think this is an excellent idea... people helping people!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #3

We changed out the 80" sofa for the 68" loveseat that goes in the HH (I think). We will place it where the recliners usually go in the FB. Then we purchased 2 La-z-Boy swivel recliners to go in the back where the sofa would have gone. That way, when we've backed into a spot with a nice view, we can swivel around and enjoy it (assuming we are not outside in it).

We added an outlet by the dining room table - I sure hope that actually happens. Then we can both have a computer work surface. And another outlet in the vanity cabinet - we can leave the toothbrush and hairdryer plugged in.

I really like the buffet idea, but RW is not doing it - it was a prototype that didn.t fly, so I've heard. There's a company in Napanee, IN that builds a nice desk/dining table unit. We'll probably have them build that for us later. I'll post it if/when that happens.

JJ

Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #4

I am terrible at adding photos if you can provide some very detailed instructions I will gladly provide photos of the knife rack in the kitchen, towel holders in the bathroom, under cabinet coffee maker and the "cat door" into the bathroom closet (normally washer/dryer location). My email is coljdm60@gmail.com
Thanks
John
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
I am terrible at adding photos if you can provide some very detailed instructions I will gladly provide photos of the knife rack in the kitchen, towel holders in the bathroom, under cabinet coffee maker and the "cat door" into the bathroom closet (normally washer/dryer location). My email is coljdm60@gmail.com
Thanks
John
Sent you an email! Thanks!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRVProfessor&LadyE
As I read about all the great changes a lot of the Redwood owners are making in their own rigs....it makes me wish I could see what some of you have been doing to make your Redwood suit your needs even better. If I feel this way... I know there are others who feel the same way.

So, I am making a special request! Redwood is doing a terrific job in manufacturing these units and catering to most all of our needs, however, can you share a quick photo of how you are making your unit suit your needs even better?

For example: Someone added a magnetic knife rack on the back splash of their kitchen wall using epoxy glue. Can you show us a photo along with explaining the steps in which you took to make that happen?

Someone installed towel bars in the bathroom - or hung more lovely pictures on the walls. A photo and instructions on how it was accomplished will help others who are needing direction in possibly making those same changes or something similar.

Royce and Rachel attached these nifty cups holders to the wall next to their sofa (which has no special place for drinks, and if you know Royce, he certainly needed to have a place for a drink ).....I wish they would share with a photo and instructions on how they made it all happened.

Let's help one another in sharing ideas on some of the great changes we have made to our units. It will help make the Redwood experience even better!! Oh, and I thank you ahead of time for doing do.

Lady E Cooper
My RV kitche

Great idea! Thanks!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #7

There's a company in Napanee, IN that builds a nice desk/dining table unit. We'll probably have them build that for us later. I'll post it if/when that happens.

Let us know if there is a web site or the contact info for the company, we liked the buffet table idea.

Thanks

John

<DIV align=center>
Old 04-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #8

Here's the website. What I'd like to do is have them used the table top that comes with our FB and then build the desk unit to match it.

http://www.amazingmagictable.com/twodesk.htm

JJ
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #9

You can add photo's on your face book page fairly easy or create your own web site and add the photo's. If you allow people can post paste on your web page, course this has it's own problems.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Evada I would like to have those photo instructions also....Are you sucking down some heavy duty cooking Sherry? We have tables on both ends of our couch....However someone you know has a good idea for those wall mounted drink holders and could share their photo ideas

are you
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #11

Oh Royce,

Oh my....so if that wasn't you..then it must be the Happy Camper from Waco? Okay, my mistake! However, it was a clever idea no matter who was responsible. I agree. All these great ideas must be shared with inquiring minds like ours!!

Lady E Cooper

https://myrvkitchen.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/up...21-300x147.jpg
The 2014 38GK Full body NEW Paint is here!!!
2013 Ford 350, King Ranch - Diesel Turbo 4x4
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Evada. We sure appreciate your thinking of us and I think you are right I believe it was the Waco Happy Campers Kerry and Jere
Edited by: RollsRoyce
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
Thanks
John
I am uploading a photo from John. He will have to give us the instructions on how he did his modification...but I think he did a SUPER job making a special place for their beloved pet. This is adorable. Thanks John for the photo.

https://myrvkitchen.com/wp-c&#111;ntent/up...21-300x147.jpg
The 2014 38GK Full body NEW Paint is here!!!
2013 Ford 350, King Ranch - Diesel Turbo 4x4
Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Dan

Nice

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #15

I would also like to know how to add photos to our replies.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy
I would also like to know how to add photos to our replies.

Rick and Mindy - this is the procedure I use to upload photographs:<ul>[*]I shrink and compress the original to a file size of about 100K[*]Convert file to .jpg[*]Upload file to www.use.comor any other image hosting site[*]Select the button that generates code[*]Select and copy the applicable code[*]Paste into the forum message.Ensure the the line of code is in this format [img]......[img][*]Select preview and check how your photograph will be displayed and if not correct tweak the line of code from the image hosting site.[/list]

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #17
Site Team

Here is a picture of a fix I did on our pantry drawers. This locks the drawers in place and prevents them from knocking against the door while traveling down the road.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #18
Site Team

Someone had asked me before about the "power cord" reel I had installed. Here is a picture of it. It will hold 50 ft of the 50 amp cord and was well worth the money.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #19

Dave,
How did you attach the cord reel? did you drill and screw down? I'm nervous about the water tank
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Dave,
How did you attach the cord reel? did you drill and screw down? I'm nervous about the water tank
It's held down with 4 short wood screws and the plywood deck is 3/4 inch as well so I wouldn't be too worried