Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2023, 07:35 PM   #1

Satellite issues;

We have a winegard traveler rooftop/dish network. It suddenly stopped getting anything in the living room, still is working fine in the bedroom. Even tried a different receiver in the living room, still nothing. Checked coaxial cables on the dish connection ports, all good. I’m thinking it’s possibly a splitter? Anyone know where it would be located? 2013 36RE.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:58 PM   #2

It should come as no surprise to you that almost every single coach is built a slight bit differently than the last one they assembled. Out 2013 RL had a splitter in the bedroom ceiling in front of and to the right of the bedroom television. We were able to get the living room, bedroom and basement tv's (our coach came so equipped) to display our dish hopper on any and all of these tv's. Our selling dealer installed the travel'r on the roof and checked it all out before I took delivery and paid the bill. We've gotten almost 10 years service out of this equipment. The only change we made was to replace the hopper with the hopper 3 which required the different splitter on the roof. If you have other specific questions, feel free to send me a private message.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:55 PM   #3

I did not think you could split a satellite signal ? My 2020 has 3 inputs in the wet bay, 1 for main tV, 1 for Bedroom and 1 for basement... The Winegard sends individual coax down to each input...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 12:47 AM   #4

Don't know about Dish, but you can get a splitter for DirecTV. I have a single Coax from the Trav'lr on the roof that goes to a 4-way splitter in the Bedroom. One line to the Bedroom TV, one to the Outside TV, and the Power Pass Thru Port to the Living Room TV which is where the Power Inserter is located and the fourth port is terminated.
This does require a receiver at each location.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 05:29 PM   #5

you can also check the fittings on the roof where the cable connects to to come inside. the fittings that they used were not water proof and corroded after time. i had to replace them after 3 years. was not a big job
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote