Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #1

Satellite Connection

On our 39Mb the dealer had a fair amount of difficulties getting the satellite to work on the Living room tv, but he finally made it happen. He, however never could figure out how to get it to work on the outside tv. I have a 2tv receiver that we used with no issue on our Landmark. There are several coax laying on the top shelf not connected to anything with no markings on them whatsoever. I know it would be a total waste of time calling "customer service" since my experience with them has been a total waste of my time. Anyone have any clues? Wow, it would have been nice if RW had marked the coax!

Thanks for any advice, Trip
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #2

Home depot has a gadget that you can trace those connections, that's what I did in our 36FL and marked them myself, used Klein Tool VDV512-058 Coax Explorer Plus Tester
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #3

Thanks..I will check that out.
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:13 AM   #4

I am having the same exact problem. Why would RW want to make them for us? it is something we would never use. LOL
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #5

I have a 39MB and the sat coax does not go to the outside TV. Only the Ant and cable coax have appearances in the inside cabinet. I have a long cable I throw under the house to connect in the water closet. Hook it to a spliter and leave the TV door open with the cable out. One of these days I will figure out how to run the cable inside so I do not need to leave the door open.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #6

I have a dish box VIP211k it has an hdmi and a coax connection signal out. I connected living room tv via HDMI and back feed the signal through the cable system and get signal in the bedroom and the outside TV, the only thing if you don't mind is you see same programming on all 3 tvs. For us this works.
2013 36FL, Winegard Trav'ler Dish 1000, Stacked W/D, Heat pump, Trailair Air Ride 5th Wheel Pin Box, 2016 3500 Ram Longhorn Edition Crew Cab 4x4, 50 gal auxilliary tank, 5000 Airlift bags, 26K Husky hitch
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #7

We also have the Dish Travelr 1000 installed and take our Hopper and Joeys with us from the house. All three TV's have the capability of HD displays and can watch any channel in our dish lineup as well as the DVR capability. All televisions can each watch different channels at the same time (living room, bedroom, basement). Works like a charm.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:10 PM   #8

For the 39MB, check the Left Dinnette cabinet. That's where our Sat cable terminates, just have to figure out where the other end of it is.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:55 AM   #9

Michelle & Ann,

Mine terminates in the entertainment center. In there, I have 3 orange coax cables:
One from the roof
One from the convenience center
One from the outside TV

Hope that helps.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #10

Hope this will help you!
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #11

We have 39MB. Part of the deal when we purchased was satellite must be installed. Dumb me thought would be satellite on all TVs...not so. Dealer was intending to only hook up in living room. Of course I want on all TVs! They managed somehow to get bedroom hooked up but picture is awful and they say because it has to have so many connectors to get there. We have a Dish 722K DVR which has dual tuner so you only need one receiver and two remotes. They hooked up bedroom via something called an RF Modulator to convert A/V signal into coaxial output. I'm not a TV wiring person and don't understand. It worked fine in our house. They say if we want clear pic in bedroom we need to get another receiver. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Klrful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #12

We have a standard Dish V222K dual channel receiver with no DVR and get good picture on the bedroom TV.
I moved our receiver from our previous 5th Wheel to our Redwood almost a year ago, no problems since.
Took me a little time to figure out the right cables to connect to but once I got the right cables, everything worked fine.
I do have a cable splitter / selector on the bedroom TV so I can switch it to the roof top antenna if needed.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 AM   #13

Satellite/TV connection

3 orange wires!!! No markings inside or outside. Hooked up at a very high class RV park to there cable connection thinking, well satellite yet so no problem I can hook up to the cable. Horrible picture. checked the booster, yeah it is off. Ok I will hook up my DVD player in the bedroom and watch a movie. WRONG again.... How do you plug your DVD player into the TV? With it mounted and no apparent way to remove it... So I cranked up the Ant. and watched TV that was available. The bad thing is it rained like crazy the whole week. Couldn't do much outside. Good thing is my bubbled roof on my Brand new RW didn't leak! Blessings
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:42 AM   #14

Question out there on Satellite Issues.
I have living rm TV and Bedrm TV working off my bell receiver #6141 and my VuCube Dish. But I can not seem to get my outside TV working If I change channel on it from channel 3 to channel 7 , I get a faint picture and can hear the program. Might this be a splitter issue?
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #15

Good morning all....(yawnnn). I finally found a thread on satellite talk, and thought I'd throw this out to see if I get a bite...I recently bought a King Tailgater with two Dish 211 boxes to take with us on a Grand Canyon trip this past April. Dish came to the RV and installed everything and declared it fit for duty... From Albuquerque, to Williams, Az, to Camp Verde, Az, to El Paso, to Kerrville, Tx. I never was able to get the 2nd tv in bedroom to work. I spent hours on the phone with Dish tech support to no avail. I was using the roof jack, I used the UDC jacks, I tried different coax cables, I cussed, kicked dirt, and was generally in a foul mood over this. Got back to Houston, put the rig up till our next trip to New Braunfels. Same crap!...Can get Living room to work, just not the bedroom. Same thing on another trip to Port Aransas, Tx. Memorial Day. Yesterday, I pulled it out thinking I MUST be missing something obvious. Kicked of the Onan, put Ac on, and systematically started tracking. King Tailgater properly set.....Coax from main jack on antenna to roof jack for L/room, check. Tv works in L/Room, check. Ran coax from aux coax jack on tail gater to roof jack. Problem....I think I need a new jack cause there is something stuck down inside the jack and I can't get the cable to go down into the hole. So....does anyone know how hard it is to change out a roof jack while I am ranting here? lol....
So now, I run the coax down to the UDC for TV2. On our 38BR, we have three inlets for cable/satellite. Two at the top, which Dish marked L/Room, and Master Bedroom. The third one is below these two and has a flap cover over it but the jack has a plastic "collar" around it which makes it hard for fat fingers to attach a coax to, but it can be done. I'm pretty sure that one is park cable inlet. So I attached the coax to master bedroom.....Went through all 38 steps of the switch check with dish about 9 times to no avail. THey finally told me I needed to talk to King Controls. Arrrrrggghhh.... I took the tailgater back to CWorld and got it exchanged or a new one virtually assuring myself that I had a bad Aux jack. But Nooo. Apparently not the case as I spent 5 hours yesterday and almost a bottle of propane and still don't have tv in the bedroom. I even ran a coax direct from the antenna to the 211 box in the bedroom. AND....I swapped the box from the living room to the bedroom and the bedroom one went to the living room. LRoom works fine with the old bedroom box.

Folks, I'm out of options that I know to pursue. Has anyone had Dish King Tail Gater that has ever had this problem and found a solution?
Frustrated in Houston, and thinking it shouldn't be this difficult.....
Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #16

Redwood satellite schematic

Hey Bob....I saw the schematic you sent someone on satellite wiring. Old eyes would beg for an email with this as an attachment so I can blow it up a little larger. Would you mind when you get some time?

Greg.hughes@cummins.com

Thanks Bud....

Stoker
Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #17

Stoker,

The Redwood's come with two sets of cables for satellite, one set on the roof and one set to the convenience center. Each set has one cable going to the LR, the other to the BR so you will have two cables in the LR and two in the BR. Depending on which feed you use, you'll have to switch the coax from the sat receiver input to the respective sat feed. On my FB the two sat feeds in the BR terminate into a faceplate on the ceiling, I have a Trav'ler on the roof which feeds into one of the coax terminals, if I can't get a signal from the roof I use a carryout antenna and plug it into the sat feed in the convenience center, I then have to switch the receiver to the other sat feed in the BR.

In the convenience center there are three coax connectors, the two on the top are for sat, one feeds into the LR, the other into the BR. The lower connector is for cable input from a park, this goes to a splitter and feeds both LR & BR TV's. If you're hooked to cable you'll need to switch off the antenna booster [usually located in the BR close to the TV] in order to view cable channels.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 PM   #18

Greg,
I have Dish too. I used the tailgater for a while though it only has a single output.
A word of caution about the diagram, it was wrong for my rig. IMO a wrong diagram is worse than none. I spent a whole day looking for a mysterious splitter (that Brad, AA, had to find and remove to make his Dish system work). It didn't exist. A friend of mine & I buzzed out all of the lines and redrew the diagram. I called Redwood and they told me the diagram was not rig specific!

Here is the problem in a nut shell. Dish (or Direct) won't work through splitters. You need to find the direct run to the bedroom from the convenience center as you have done from the convenience center to the living room.

To do so, you can buy a cable tester, the one I use has 4 color ends and one tester. If you hook the tester to the convenience center satellite connector (not the one to the living room) and attach the ends to the cables in the bedroom, you should be able to identify it. My experience with the tester is that it doesn't work with splitters either. You're looking for a direct run.

There is another option but it requires a 211k. You didn't mention what model you have but I assume it's the newer 211z. If it's the k, let me know, there is perhaps another solution.

You may already know this but just in case, the configuration you are working towards, will only allow you to watch programing on the 2 TV's on the same satellite (Dish uses 3). Since it is not a multi LNB antenna, you are going to be limited as to what you watch on 2 TV's at the same time. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the limitation when you solve your wiring issue.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
I even ran a coax direct from the antenna to the 211 box in the bedroom. AND....I swapped the box from the living room to the bedroom and the bedroom one went to the living room. LRoom works fine with the old bedroom box.
This right here tells me that there is something wrong at the connection to bedroom TV from the box, especially when you wired direct and tried both boxes.

I would focus on that TV and the TV setup - how are you connected the 211 to that TV (HDMI, COAX, RGB)? Are you getting any picture at all on the TV indicating is sees the 211 box?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #20

BR TV in 2015 38RL

Can anyone tell me how to access the back of the BR TV? I cannot feel a latch near the edges and I'd rather not just yank on it until it gives!
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote