Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #1

Sagging TV

In my 2015 RW36RL, the TV in the living room is 5/8" lower on the left side. Don't see any way to adjust, except trying to bend the arm the TV swings out on. Could remove the screws in the base of the bracket, but would not be able to move them over a bit and get the screws back in. Anyone else have this problem and know of easy fix?
Rogerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #2

it probably was not mounted level if it is a swing out arm...

but you can check it with a level and adjust either the base plate on the wall or I've found enough movement on the back of the tv to raise one side and lower the other to get it better...

OR
maybe it was designed that way so you could lay down sideways on the sofa and watch it ???
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:25 PM   #3

Ours is a little more than 5/8. The play is in the hinge where the bolt is. The hole is wearing and getting oblong. When we are sitting I use a laptop power converter to keep it level.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerfish View Post
In my 2015 RW36RL, the TV in the living room is 5/8" lower on the left side. Don't see any way to adjust, except trying to bend the arm the TV swings out on. Could remove the screws in the base of the bracket, but would not be able to move them over a bit and get the screws back in. Anyone else have this problem and know of easy fix?
When you swing it out can you lift the tv on the latch side to bring it back level. There is some play in the hinge side. I think the only way is to move the latch up so the rod will start into it and lift the tv when it latches in place. On another note with this latch is make sure you strap the tv to wood behind it. Our latch either came undone or was not latched properly when traveling which resulted in a new 2015 46" tv
Old 10-16-2015, 12:50 AM   #5

I did notice this when I installed new flat screen but it sits level when pushed in. Maybe cheap or Unlevel tv mount.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #6

you can adjust the catch on the left side up or down, which will help to straighten the look in the hole. Only thing is after opening it ,when going to close it you would have to lift it up so it aligns back into the catch. Other than that it fixes the look .
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote