Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2015, 05:05 AM   #61

Since you are at the rally with weight certificate from Smart Weigh to prove you are within load limits, confront RWs GM when he shows up, you may have to wait in line though as it sounds like a lot of BS warranty denials for him to explain.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #62

Their scales are calibrated, we will review and compare carefully with the Smart Weigh and the others we have done--our biggest concern here is what we need to do now to fix it and what are the best solutions (without having to go broke).

2014 38RL, 2014 RAM Dually and Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #63

Wow, just WOW !!! so sorry ...
Is this redwood/crossroads/thor or a dealer saying this? (there is a difference )

for an advertised 'full-time' rv,
they are saying that the underpinnings THEY designed and provided cannot carry the weight that can be put in the minimal storage?
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #64

It was at the Redwood Service Center, in Topeka. We were there Tuesday to work on awning, replace 50ft of slide seal and take care of staples/nails coming up on the roof.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Life View Post
We would love to any contact information you have for MorRyde. RW told us this morning we need to go to 8K axles. We went in for other problems and they found a suspension/spring issue. Then they weighed our RW and said we were overweight, so they wouldn't do anything. This is all new information to us, so we aren't sure what our next steps should be. Side note: we regularly weigh at truck stop CAT scales and did the Smart Weigh here at rally. Those weights have all been good.
George, what happened to your suspension?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #66

Angry

We thought the back tire was wearing different than the other 3, so when I got under and looked at the axles and springs there is 1/2 inch difference in length with the axles. Since we were at Redwood for other issues, we asked them to take a peek. When they looked under they said the leaf springs are getting flat and they said they could be replaced under warranty and would have Lippert look at them Wednesday. First they weighed the rig, they said it was over the weight limit and so that made it "our fault" and they didn't look past that. Our frustration is still how to get a consistent weight. CAT scales and the Smart Weigh with Escapees are both saying we are under the weight. Loosing battle.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:14 AM   #67

I know 2 years ago they had no way to weigh mine & sent me to alignment shop as they had no way to work on my axles, but since then they have a new shop. I would think if you have a certificate from Smart Weigh what more do you need.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:01 AM   #68

Just to wrap up our suspension issue. We have reviewed our CAT scale weight and Smart Weigh numbers and believe we are under accepted weights. Several people from Redwood have called us to assure us they would review the weights--both the ones we have gotten outside of RW and additionally they will weigh the rig again.

We have decided, however, not go back to RW to get weighed again. Based on our experience with RW, I believe they would have taken care of our springs/axles. We have decided we want to either go to MorRyde IS or at the very least, increase our axles and springs to 8K (from 7K). Since we have decide to upgrade our system there is no sense in wasting everyones time confirming the weight.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:07 AM   #69

Lucky Redwood! Good luck with the upgrade, we are envious. Likely be doing the same thing soon.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:22 AM   #70
Site Team

Quote:
Just to wrap up our suspension issue. We have reviewed our CAT scale weight and Smart Weigh numbers and believe we are under accepted weights. Several people from Redwood have called us to assure us they would review the weights--both the ones we have gotten outside of RW and additionally they will weigh the rig again.

We have decided, however, not go back to RW to get weighed again. Based on our experience with RW, I believe they would have taken care of our springs/axles. We have decided we want to either go to MorRyde IS or at the very least, increase our axles and springs to 8K (from 7K). Since we have decide to upgrade our system there is no sense in wasting everyones time confirming the weight.

George and Lisa,

it was great meeting you folks and appreciate your warm personalities. It's always great to meet other couples that enjoy the camping experience and look forward to meeting you again in the future.

Happy Trails
Old 08-10-2015, 03:26 AM   #71

George,
From those that have done the upgrade, they sure like it so far.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:56 AM   #72

We have heard nothing but great things. We just need to weigh the impact on the warranty if we do the MorRyde--not to mention the $$$. The 8K axle and springs, would be less expensive and we can do the work. But longterm, we know we will want to go to MorRyde, so trying to decide when to "bite the bullet" is hard to decide.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:00 AM   #73

Quote:
....We have decided we want to either go to MorRyde IS or at the very least, increase our axles and springs to 8K (from 7K). Since we have decide to upgrade our system there is no sense in wasting everyones time confirming the weight.
I am certain you will not be disappointed with MorRyde. They do great work there. You'll probably have Sergio do your install and he's awesome. The best part was going back this year for an inspection and being told that aside from having to adjust weight transfer due to "the girl getting a little heavier on the front axel," (which I am assuming/hoping meant our 5th W and not me), everything looked just fine. After hearing about the problems with the Lippert suspensions on these big girls, that gives me quite a piece of mind.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:42 AM   #74

I'll tell MorRyde you sent us. Thanks for the referral and information. Great meeting you guys.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #75

I had the IS on the 2012 I just traded and was very happy with it but, didn't think I got $3k of value from it. I think a system that gives you the extra 2" of travel and shocks would be a huge improvement. With a new trailer I just have not looked at suspensions.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #76

Quote:

But if RW does have the responsibility to repair wouldn't it be possible to get them to do the 8K upgrade at a reduced out of pocket to you? If they need to put $XXX into warranty and you go to an upgrade then should your cost to do the upgrade be reduced by $XXX? If you choose more ride then no but if the service center changes you up to an 8K suspension I'd say to make it right you should get some consideration. Maybe that's just me. Hope all goes well no matter what you choose.
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #77

I too had the IS on my last fifth wheel and did not feel that the juice was worth the squeeze ! Don't get me wrong , it was nice , but expensive.. I will be upgrading my shackles in a few weeks , and since I am a weekend warrior , and over half our cabinets are empty ,ill keep the 7K axles with my upgraded shackles and disc brakes..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #78

I agree with Blue Dogs.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
I had the IS on the 2012 I just traded and was very happy with it but, didn't think I got $3k of value from it. I think a system that gives you the extra 2" of travel and shocks would be a huge improvement. With a new trailer I just have not looked at suspensions.
Do they have a system out there with shocks? Other than those that are kind of added as an afterthought? (steep angle)
Old 08-10-2015, 11:31 PM   #80

Joining this rather late as we just returned back to the US from an Atlantic Provinces 48 day tour.
We put 7K Mor/ryde on our 2010 Montana, 8K Mor/ryde on our 2012 Redwood, and had 8K Mor/ryde added to our 2016 Redwood before paint.
Out 2012 made it all the way from Florida to Alaska and back without a single problem and that included the Infamous "Top of the World Highway". And trust me, roads up in Newfoundland/Labrador are no picnic either and our MB came through with flying colors while our friends with their 2015 Jayco Pinicale went through 3 Chinese tires, front landing gear ripped from the frame, stress creaks on the front corners of both front slides (it's an FL floor plan), and a destroyed Combo Washer.
So say what you want, but I'm sold on Mor/ryde IS until someone comes up with a better "Mouse Trap". We just need to get it added on the option list.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote