Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2017, 04:33 PM   #1

Rv Thermostat Question...

We have the RV Comfort . HP
Coleman-Mach thermostat in our Redwood Fifth wheel .. it is the one that have cool - gas heat and electric heat switch ... the thermostat will always go back to 71 and when pushing up button to increase heat the furnace will kick on but always go back to 71 ... it can be 68 in here according to inside thermometer we have but 71 it will always show ... if you jack it up to 80 it will kick the furnace on and you can watch it go 80-79-78-77 and so on and quickly go to 71 nd shut down ??? Have replaced this thermostat a few years back due to another issue and want to try a different thermostat brand any suggestions on a brand to consider ?? Thanks
Steve & Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #2

My main stat for both heating and cooling, seems to work heating just fine, but sometimes during the cooling mode, it moves it's set point down to 72 deg. even when I have the RV in semi-storage (in my driveway) and stat set at 85 deg. I never really turn everything off, its either 85 cool or 60 heat. I have seen others just get rid of the oem stat and go with a battery operated stat and make some minor wire changes. My cooling system is non-heat pump, just straight cooling with gas heating. My 2nd stat is just for cooling from the 2nd unit and it seems to work fine (stays where I set it). Good Luck!!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #3

Compatible thermostat ?

Any brand suggestions that will be compatible with the replacing of the thermostat ?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #4

If you have a straight A/C with gas heating - then there are a few Youtubes like "Love your RV" that installed one a while back. Good Luck!!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:17 PM   #5

Yes we've replaced one already just looking for another brand / type that would be compatible as far as wiring ...