Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 AM   #21

I looked back and I didn't see anything that caused this statement. It seemed a little harsh for nothing to be on this thread from you.
SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW1117
I looked back and I didn't see anything that caused this statement.Â* It seemed a little harsh for nothing to be on this thread from you.
Hear anything back on your delivery date? Those folks in Canton did a super job getting mine ready - Chatted with us the whole time while they bled the brakes, washed it, and before we got there they even ripped up the tile floor and redrilled the sub floor because I complained about a pop sound when we were camping. The sound is just plain gone now.

We even got invited to enjoy some fried catfish in the shop, and tour a new DRV Elite! I think Redwood needs an electric toilet and power lift on the quartz stovetop
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #23

Should be here the 3rd week of May. I can't wait. I think we are getting an offer on our house tomorrow, so that stess may just go away and everythingcould work out perfectly. Praying for that anyway. I have to say, I can't be happier for our dealre. David is GREAT. He always answers my call (even when he is at family events) and questions quickly and I belive that when the coach arrives, it will be fine. I have had a "lemon" in a car and it's not fun, but it is more the rare than the normal. If things aren't fine, I belive everything will be taken care of. Just excited to get it! I was looking online at the New Horizons when I got your post. I don't think they are any nicer and the floor plans don't work as well for us, so I am happy with RW.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #24

Electric toilet? What would be the advantage. The one we get in Vegas is really nice, but it does things I couldn't even image in an RV! And you really need a power lift with the Quartz! Way too heavy, hence why we didn't get them.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
Atom Ant,
Why do I have to continue to repeat all the issues with my unit. Maybe you should read all my post, of all the problems and repairs I've had, instead of just flapping your jaws or just stick your head in the sand and hope nothing hits you in your ass.

Lillyputz
For someone that likes to beat the drums on how bad he has it...why be shy now? All anybody has heard so far is how bad you've got screwed by the big uncaring company. You should be able to further your cause and gather friends with details of this bad experience.

If the rumors are correct, the company went so far as to have your trailer shipped back to them so they could go all the way through it and then shipped back to you on their dime. Sure sounds like they gave a pretty good effort to me. Was this the "Flapping your Jaw" or "Hitting your ass" time? Excuse my ignorance but I get confused with some of these profound sayings so eloquently stated.
With a response like this, makes me wonder how he treated the folks at Redwood regarding the issues!!! And to think - they still offered to ship the unit to try and make it right. Now that is a company that goes above and beyond, especially when dealing with such a customer.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Atom Ant,
Why do I have to continue to repeat all the issues with my unit. Maybe you should read all my post, of all the problems and repairs I've had, instead of just flapping your jaws or just stick your head in the sand and hope nothing hits you in your ass.

Lillyputz
Wow, that's rather uncalled for and it contravenes a basic premise of most forums - it is OK to have differences of opinion, but they should be communicated with RESPECT.

Suggest you might want to change lawyers during your litigation, as this one is obviously not counselling your on best practice while communicating in the public domain during the litigation process.

I, for one, will no longer be following your issues.

Now let's get back to the great discussions we have been having in the past few days, as we have a great coach sitting out front that I am loading up today for our upcoming trip to sand, surf and hopefully sunshine on the Oregon Coast.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #27

I have no dog in this fight but I've always believed there are two sides to every story. For all the members that are comfortable being cheerleaders for RW, I'm really glad you're happy. Call yourselves fortunate for not having problems. They can ultimately wear you down and make a grown man cry and that's why there are lemon laws. It would be interesting to see how your moral fiber would stand up in the face of major problems. Lillyputz hasn't always responded in an appropriate manner, but for DG to be interjecting info that can't be corroborated is equally inappropriate in my book. And chances are that no one is going to call him out on it either.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana
Quote:
Atom Ant,

Lillyputz
Wow, that's rather uncalled for and it contravenes a basic premise of most forums - it is OK to have differences of opinion, but they should be communicated with RESPECT.

Suggest you might want to change lawyers during your litigation, as this one is obviously not counselling your on best practice while communicating in the public domain during the litigation process.

I, for one, will no longer be following your issues.

Now let's get back to the great discussions we have been having in the past few days, as we have a great coach sitting out front that I am loading up today for our upcoming trip to sand, surf and hopefully sunshine on the Oregon Coast.
Very well said
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
I have no dog in this fight but I've always believed there are two sides to every story. For all the members that are comfortable being cheerleaders for RW, I'm really glad you're happy. Call yourselves fortunate for not having problems. They can ultimately wear you down and make a grown man cry and that's why there are lemon laws. It would be interesting to see how your moral fiber would stand up in the face of major problems. Lillyputz hasn't always responded in an appropriate manner, but for DG to be interjecting info that can't be corroborated is equally inappropriate in my book. And chances are that no one is going to call him out on it either.
Tom your right, I only have rumors from a former employee of Redwood's and since I wasn't involved in this matter I shouldn't have added it to the post.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #30

Dave...thanks for manning up. My respect for you climbed a notch.

Allow me to climb back up on my soap box. Personally, I think it just might be very therapeutic for Lillyputz to have the freedom to come onto this Forum and complain. Only he knows if there will be legal consequences for doing so. On the other hand, and I repeat myself here, if you don't like what he has to say it may be best for all of us to simply move on. From a legal standpoint, it may be best for the health and continuance of the Forum as well.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #31

Freedom ogf speech. If you don't like what he is posting don't read it. I don't like all the complaint's either but a person has to vent somewhere.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathog99

Freedom ogf speech. If you don't like what he is posting don't read it. I don't like all the complaint's either but a person has to vent somewhere.
True, some people thank it is all about them, just because you don't like a subject matter, doesn't mean everyone on this forum doesn't. Man-up.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #33

When we decided to buy a new RVI expect to have a few minor problems as I'm surewe all do but, whenyou take it back to the dealerget these thing fixed they should consider the amoiunt of money you spent on your unit and take pride in their work. I have beenso disappointed in the warranty work that has been done to my 36fl and to think thatRedwood paid the dealer for craftmanship this poor makes me sick. with only a few things for them to focus on and not the entire unit you would think they could get it right.I would like to know whoI can contact at Redwoodto let them know what kind of quality they are getting billed for and how the dealer treats their customers. I have tried to email Brian but has email is kicked back as disabled, if anyone know who i can reach out to please let me know

Thanks
measton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Maybe we shold have an all inclusive VENT TOPIC therefoe those who want to vent can vent and those who want to read vent material is also welcome...Sounds fair to me....Remember venting is venting and information is information
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #35

Problem being these are not trained Redwood technicians we are talking about at these dealer service centers, they sell many other brands and are usually backed up for weeks. Being the start of spring makes it even worse with people getting them serviced after setting up for the winter.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #36

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

measton...Brian has been gone for several months....Call Leonard Nielson or Ron Howard at 1-260-593-3850 and follow the prompts
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #37

Thanks for the info,I will reach out to them
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #38

true, but when you drop it off in the fall and they have it for over 3 months during the winter there is no excuse!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #39

The Freightliner RV Haulers Club that I use to belong to had a dealer ratings section. When you visited a dealer for warranty or service work you could post the good, bad, and ugly concerning your experience.
Redwood dealers are just like all the other business out there, some are interested in customer service and satisfaction and others just the almighty dollar not caring if they have you as a repeat customer or not.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by measton

true, but when you drop it off in the fall and they have it for over 3 months during the winter there is no excuse!!!!
I for one, know your pain.

Lillyputz