Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2020, 04:36 AM   #1

Roof Warranty

Does Redwood require a yearly inspection by a RW dealer to keep the warranty intact? if yes, what does it cost? Does the roof warranty transfer to future owners?
Chris and David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #2

Unless they've changed you should have 1 possibly 2 years bumper to bumper warranty from Keystone, how good that is depends on the diligence of your dealer as any warranty issue must go through a dealer.
Most of the appliances & other equipment is also warrantied from their manufacturers for longer than the rv manufacturer & some have great customer service.
As for your roof, the membrane is warrantied for 12 years as I recall, but poor/faulty installation is not, which the issue with most faulty roofs.
Also the original roof sealant warranty is for 90 days & must be inspected by owner or at owners expense every 90 days for any roof related warranty claims to be valid.
As I said unless something has changed no part of the original factory warranty is transferable beyond the original owner.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:23 AM   #3

Thanks. I thought maybe it was transferable if proof of yearly maintenance could be proven with paperwork.
Chris and David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris and David View Post
Thanks. I thought maybe it was transferable if proof of yearly maintenance could be proven with paperwork.
Cost nothing to give it a try, worst they could do is say NO!
If you have roof damage that requires replacement look into RV Armor & another that I can't recall. These types they repair any roof issues then spray or roll on a lifetime warrantied coating that is transferable, never another roof issue.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #5

Roof Warranty

I have a question about my roof. The membrane is in good condition but I was up on the roof inspecting it and noticed some bubbles starting to form under it and was wondering if there is any way to stick it back down. I have a 2017 38RL that was actually manufactured in '16. If not then I will have to look into RV Armour or one of the other companies before any serious problems arise.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote