Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 02:24 PM   #1

Roof Repairs

Our 2018 39MB rubber roof is coming unglued between the front cap and shower sky light. We just got back from Yellowstone and I discovered this on my post trip cleaning and inspection. The membrane is stretched and wrinkled where it came up in the wind. I assume it's the low pressure while at speeds that does this. Well, that and a bad glue job.

I wanted to get some opinions here on BOTH RV ARMOR and FLEXARMOR roof repair coatings. I’ve taken the beginning steps and have received general pricing for each and feel I know the differences between the two.

RV Armor, they come to you.
The coating is not as thick
They don’t remove AC’s.
Done outside in non controlled environment.
Less expensive
Lifetime warranty

Flexarmor
Thicker
AC’s come off and new gaskets when re-installed.
Done at their shop in a controlled environment.
With RV Armor’s specials now and winter rates for southern states this one is substantially more expensive.
Lifetime Warranty

So my question is this, who has had either done and were you happy?
Do you wish you would have done the other?
If I’m going to have this done, another 1500 to go with the better roof would be worth it, maybe.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:51 AM   #2

We have some friends that had RV armor do their RW. They like it very much and from what I could tell it was very well done. I know they are still happy with it 3 years later. IF we had kept our RW I would have considered it.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:50 PM   #3

we had flex armor done. very happy with it
andoverrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:40 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses.
Old 09-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #5

[QUOTE=drj564;89517]Our 2018 39MB rubber roof is coming unglued between the front cap and shower sky light. We just got back from Yellowstone and I discovered this on my post trip cleaning and inspection. The membrane is stretched and wrinkled where it came up in the wind. I assume it's the low pressure while at speeds that does this. Well, that and a bad glue job.

I wanted to get some opinions here on BOTH RV ARMOR and FLEXARMOR roof repair coatings. I’ve taken the beginning steps and have received general pricing for each and feel I know the differences between the two.

RV Armor, they come to you.
The coating is not as thick
They don’t remove AC’s.
Done outside in non controlled environment.
Less expensive
Lifetime warranty

Flexarmor
Thicker
AC’s come off and new gaskets when re-installed.
Done at their shop in a controlled environment.
With RV Armor’s specials now and winter rates for southern states this one is substantially more expensive.
Lifetime Warranty

So my question is this, who has had either done and were you happy?
Do you wish you would have done the other?
If I’m going to have this done, another 1500 to go with the better roof would be worth it, maybe.

Just picked ours up from AZ RV Roof in Prescott AZ, FlexArmor. After three failed rubber membranes it was time for a new direction. We got lucky, we happen to be in Prescott! The team at AZ RV Roof are incredible, very professional and efficient. Last RV roof we’ll ever need and no future maintenance other than washing. I wouldn’t have gone with anything different. We love our new roof and relieved to not ever having to worry about it. It’s also a definitely cost competitive and they take care of all vents, skylights, antennas, etc.
NWNASFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:42 AM   #6

Very happy with Flex Armor also

Like the post above, we just had our 2014 38RE roof replaced at AZ Rv Roof also. Maybe 2 months ago, and I couldn't be happier. Yes it was expensive, but very comparable to having a membrane redone. But why do that? Mine shredded just driving down the road in a bad head wind. It was fine before the trip, as I had been up on the roof checking things. And I agree with above poster, they were very professional, and more importantly to me, communicative. John Fisher kept me up to speed through the whole process, which only took 3 days. He sent pics of progress,, which I really appreciated. New roof, attic vents, vent covers, and I spent the extra for a newer compact antenna, and a "double" layer shower bubble. You can't go wrong with these guys, and they've got a facility in the Dallas/Ft Worth area if that's better for you. Good luck either way you go!

Bob
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langenhammer View Post
Like the post above, we just had our 2014 38RE roof replaced at AZ Rv Roof also. Maybe 2 months ago, and I couldn't be happier. Yes it was expensive, but very comparable to having a membrane redone. But why do that? Mine shredded just driving down the road in a bad head wind. It was fine before the trip, as I had been up on the roof checking things. And I agree with above poster, they were very professional, and more importantly to me, communicative. John Fisher kept me up to speed through the whole process, which only took 3 days. He sent pics of progress,, which I really appreciated. New roof, attic vents, vent covers, and I spent the extra for a newer compact antenna, and a "double" layer shower bubble. You can't go wrong with these guys, and they've got a facility in the Dallas/Ft Worth area if that's better for you. Good luck either way you go!

Bob
This is where I’m leaning. I live in the Texas Hill Country and have a dealer for this close to Austin. I know RV Roof gets high marks for both AZ and Denton locations. I haven’t heard anything from the dealer close to me in Austin but I’ll research them a little more.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #8

Did you pull the trigger?

Hello DRJ564, I was just curious if you went ahead and had your roof done with the spray on coating? And if you're happy with it?

Bob
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langenhammer View Post
Hello DRJ564, I was just curious if you went ahead and had your roof done with the spray on coating? And if you're happy with it?

Bob
I have it scheduled for the week of November 8th.