Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #21

Dave from Maine - your are Correct!

Medic1368 - I would be doing the same as you are doing. And it appears that you are being very open to work with RW on a resolution. LillyPutz on the other hand has slammed RW at every opportunity and everyone on the forum has offered to assist in some resolution. It doesn't seem as though there is a resolution that he would ever accept. Since no one really knows what RW has tried to do, that is what I meant by 2 sides to every story. None of us knows for sure that RW has done to try to fix his issues. It was stated that they had, but who knows. I, for one, am just tired of hearing about the same thing over and over without him ever really letting up. I understand that he puts "lemon" in his subline and that's fine, but I'm just over hearing about it. RW is a good RV manufacturer and every manufacturer is going to have issues. I worked for builder of homes for years and never had a home built without some type of issues. If they came out perfect there would not be a need for a warranty.

I am sorry that you felt that my comment was directed at you. Most everyone on the forum knew where it was directed.

Sharon

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW1117
Dave from Maine - your are Correct!

Medic1368 - I would be doing the same as you are doing. And it appears that you are being very open to work with RW on a resolution. LillyPutz on the other hand has slammed RW at every opportunity and everyone on the forum has offered to assist in some resolution. It doesn't seem as though there is a resolution that he would ever accept. Since no one really knows what RW has tried to do, that is what I meant by 2 sides to every story. None of us knows for sure that RW has done to try to fix his issues. It was stated that they had, but who knows. I, for one, am just tired of hearing about the same thing over and over without him ever really letting up. I understand that he puts "lemon" in his subline and that's fine, but I'm just over hearing about it. RW is a good RV manufacturer and every manufacturer is going to have issues. I worked for builder of homes for years and never had a home built without some type of issues. If they came out perfect there would not be a need for a warranty.

I am sorry that you felt that my comment was directed at you. Most everyone on the forum knew where it was directed.

Sharon

class act
Old 05-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to medic1368
Thanks Dave for the explanation !
Old 05-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #24

We had our first inspection the week before last and they had found a ????screw driver size puncture in the roof near the rear ac on the curb side which made the plywood get wet and got lumpy. Hard to see but easy to feel. Hands and knees all over the roof feeling every inch. Well it isn't under the warranty because it's in an area away from all seams. Our tech and insurance rep inspected outside and inside with a borescope and found that the dampness hard started to affect the insulation. Conclusion take up the roof, replace the affected plywood and replace. WOW, alot of work! We will keep you all posted when the process starts. Just in time for summer, perfect timing.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #25

And the putz will have something to say again in yiiddish, you all know what a putz is. If not. Send me a pm and I will tell you. Al the best. I know Redwood will look after you. Great company.See you in August

Old 05-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to medic1368
Do you think it had been there awhile. Who knows, maybe the guy who installed our AC at the factory also installed yours!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
We had our first inspection the week before last and they had found a ????screw driver size puncture in the roof near the rear ac on the curb side which made the plywood get wet and got lumpy. Hard to see but easy to feel. Hands and knees all over the roof feeling every inch. Well it isn't under the warranty because it's in an area away from all seams. Our tech and insurance rep inspected outside and inside with a borescope and found that the dampness hard started to affect the insulation. Conclusion take up the roof, replace the affected plywood and replace. WOW, alot of work! We will keep you all posted when the process starts. Just in time for summer, perfect timing.
<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv">

My 3rd fifth wheel had the same problem. Branches are a culprit a significant amount of the time. It's actually more of a problem then people think. Every time that I stop in to a dealer close by he tells me of another roof damage unit from a pin hole (all brands). Like he says it isn't a matter of if, more then when.

We try to stay away from areas that are densely populated with trees. If there are trees around we look for the areas in that resort that have less trees around the site. We stayed at Wassamki Springs this weekend and had a site in the wide open. Very windy and rainy here in the Northeast this past weekend.

Dave from Maine</span>
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
&lt;div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicationDiv"&gt;

My 3rd fifth wheel had the same problem. Branches are a culprit a significant amount of the time. It's actually more of a problem then people think. Every time that I stop in to a dealer close by he tells me of another roof damage unit from a pin hole (all brands). Like he says it isn't a matter of if, more then when.

We try to stay away from areas that are densely populated with trees. If there are trees around we look for the areas in that resort that have less trees around the site. We stayed at Wassamki Springs this weekend and had a site in the wide open. Very windy and rainy here in the Northeast this past weekend.

&lt;span style="line-height: 1.4;"&gt;Dave from Maine&lt;/span&gt;
I actually have a pole pruner in my storage area, I had to trim a few branches at the State Park I stayed in last week, the host drove by and said nothing.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #29
Site Team

I've seen too many campgrounds where the trees should be trimmed back. For that reason the roof should be checked after each trip. Another reason I didn't get slide toppers, I'm on the roof all the time anyway.

It sure would be nice if the RV manufactures could come up with a less fragile roofing system. In the old days we had the tin roofs but they had to be coated each year with tar. I some times wonder if they shouldn't go back to those roofs.

Part of my emergency repair stuff are all the supplies for repairing the roof just in case.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
I've seen too many campgrounds where the trees should be trimmed back.Â* For that reason the roof should be checked after each trip.Â* Another reason I didn't get slide toppers, I'm on the roof all the time anyway.Â*

It sure would be nice if the RV manufactures could come up with a less fragile roofing system.Â* In the old days we had the tin roofs but they had to be coated each year with tar.Â* I some times wonder if they shouldn't go back to those roofs.

Part of my emergency repair stuff are all the supplies for repairing the roof just in case.
Here again maybe the Excel Rhino roof will catch on. I 'm not getting on my roof due to my weight, Have a 5 month check up Saturday and they can handle it..
Old 05-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #31

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce
BUDDYWHAT IS THIS 5 MONTH CHECK UP YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT...IS YHIS SOMETHING YOU DECIDED PERSONALLY TO DO OR DID YOUR DEALER JUST MAKE THIS UP TO EARN XTRA MONEY?NOW, IF YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN JUST BEING CAUTIOUS THAT IS ANOTHER STORY AND IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD....THEN GOOD FOR YOU
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce
BUDDYWHAT IS THIS 5 MONTH CHECK UP YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT...IS YHIS SOMETHING YOU DECIDED PERSONALLY TO DO OR DID YOUR DEALER JUST MAKE THIS UP TO EARN XTRA MONEY?NOW, IF YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN JUST BEING CAUTIOUS THAT IS ANOTHER STORY AND IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD....THEN GOOD FOR YOU

Check out the Redwood Home Page. It is the DSC and it is a free 6 month check up. Very interesting. Don't know if they will back date and do one after a year.

All the Best .

Old 05-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce

Check out the Redwood Home Page. It is the DSC and it is a free 6 month check up. Very interesting. Don't know if they will back date and do one after a year.

All the Best .

I just downloader our cert. It saysit MUST betake it to the original dealer (1200 miles away)...that won't happen. Called RW. They were firm. Has to be original dealer...oh well.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #34

No charge for the 3 month, 5 month or yearly, just something they do down here in the south. I have two a year until the 5 years are up no charge.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #35

I'm 48 miles from my dealer.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #36

Its just an offer from what I see, not a requirement.I would think you could pay another dealer to inspect it.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #37

In my Redwood's Owner Manual there is a page entitled Inspection and Service Certificate. It has a place for your VIN and data for a qualified crossroads RV Dealership. No where on that page does it state that you must return your coach to the selling dealership to have your annual certification and inspection completed. My annual inspection was completed by a Redwood Dealership, and not the one I purchased my coach from. I sent a copy of the completed certificate to Redwood/Crossroads service for their file and retained the original.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #38

My 36RL is16 monthsold. To my knowledge, at the time of purchase this six month inspection was not mandated by Redwood. It appears thatthey are trying to getbuyers toreturn totheir purchase dealer. It'll be a cold day in you know where before I go back to those clowns!I have located a Crossroads RV dealer that is close to home and does an exceptional job.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa

My 36RL is16 monthsold. To my knowledge, at the time of purchase this six month inspection was not mandated by Redwood. It appears thatthey are trying to getbuyers toreturn totheir purchase dealer. It'll be a cold day in you know where before I go back to those clowns!I have located a Crossroads RV dealer that is close to home and does an exceptional job.

When I called RW they said it was being paid for in partby the selling dealer.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #40

Very interisting posts. On May 15 2013 I called Redwood and spoke with one Leonard Neilson. He ststed to me that ANY certified RV dealer could do the yearly inspection. It did not have to be a Redwood dealer. I double checked after riffraf posted that he had gotten the same information. Mr Neilson stated just to have the inspection and get them a copy. So what is the truth on what to do? Who really knows at this point. I have done as Mr Neilson stated. No problems yet. Perhaps it just depends who you talk to.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote