RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
SW1117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 160
Dave from Maine - your are Correct!

Medic1368 - I would be doing the same as you are doing. And it appears that you are being very open to work with RW on a resolution. LillyPutz on the other hand has slammed RW at every opportunity and everyone on the forum has offered to assist in some resolution. It doesn't seem as though there is a resolution that he would ever accept. Since no one really knows what RW has tried to do, that is what I meant by 2 sides to every story. None of us knows for sure that RW has done to try to fix his issues. It was stated that they had, but who knows. I, for one, am just tired of hearing about the same thing over and over without him ever really letting up. I understand that he puts "lemon" in his subline and that's fine, but I'm just over hearing about it. RW is a good RV manufacturer and every manufacturer is going to have issues. I worked for builder of homes for years and never had a home built without some type of issues. If they came out perfect there would not be a need for a warranty.

I am sorry that you felt that my comment was directed at you. Most everyone on the forum knew where it was directed.

Sharon


SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #22
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW1117
Dave from Maine - your are Correct!

Medic1368 - I would be doing the same as you are doing. And it appears that you are being very open to work with RW on a resolution. LillyPutz on the other hand has slammed RW at every opportunity and everyone on the forum has offered to assist in some resolution. It doesn't seem as though there is a resolution that he would ever accept. Since no one really knows what RW has tried to do, that is what I meant by 2 sides to every story. None of us knows for sure that RW has done to try to fix his issues. It was stated that they had, but who knows. I, for one, am just tired of hearing about the same thing over and over without him ever really letting up. I understand that he puts "lemon" in his subline and that's fine, but I'm just over hearing about it. RW is a good RV manufacturer and every manufacturer is going to have issues. I worked for builder of homes for years and never had a home built without some type of issues. If they came out perfect there would not be a need for a warranty.

I am sorry that you felt that my comment was directed at you. Most everyone on the forum knew where it was directed.

Sharon

class act
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
Send a message via AIM to medic1368
Thanks Dave for the explanation !
__________________
Garry and Becky
medic1368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 555
We had our first inspection the week before last and they had found a ????screw driver size puncture in the roof near the rear ac on the curb side which made the plywood get wet and got lumpy. Hard to see but easy to feel. Hands and knees all over the roof feeling every inch. Well it isn't under the warranty because it's in an area away from all seams. Our tech and insurance rep inspected outside and inside with a borescope and found that the dampness hard started to affect the insulation. Conclusion take up the roof, replace the affected plywood and replace. WOW, alot of work! We will keep you all posted when the process starts. Just in time for summer, perfect timing.
__________________
Jay and Linda
2013 36RL
Tobys Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Campers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 427
And the putz will have something to say again in yiiddish, you all know what a putz is. If not. Send me a pm and I will tell you. Al the best. I know Redwood will look after you. Great company.See you in August
.

__________________
Bud & Lois
Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:07 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
Send a message via AIM to medic1368
Do you think it had been there awhile. Who knows, maybe the guy who installed our AC at the factory also installed yours!
__________________
Garry and Becky
medic1368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
We had our first inspection the week before last and they had found a ????screw driver size puncture in the roof near the rear ac on the curb side which made the plywood get wet and got lumpy. Hard to see but easy to feel. Hands and knees all over the roof feeling every inch. Well it isn't under the warranty because it's in an area away from all seams. Our tech and insurance rep inspected outside and inside with a borescope and found that the dampness hard started to affect the insulation. Conclusion take up the roof, replace the affected plywood and replace. WOW, alot of work! We will keep you all posted when the process starts. Just in time for summer, perfect timing.
<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv">

My 3rd fifth wheel had the same problem. Branches are a culprit a significant amount of the time. It's actually more of a problem then people think. Every time that I stop in to a dealer close by he tells me of another roof damage unit from a pin hole (all brands). Like he says it isn't a matter of if, more then when.

We try to stay away from areas that are densely populated with trees. If there are trees around we look for the areas in that resort that have less trees around the site. We stayed at Wassamki Springs this weekend and had a site in the wide open. Very windy and rainy here in the Northeast this past weekend.

Dave from Maine</span>
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
We had our first inspection the week before last and they had found a ????screw driver size puncture in the roof near the rear ac on the curb side which made the plywood get wet and got lumpy. Hard to see but easy to feel. Hands and knees all over the roof feeling every inch. Well it isn't under the warranty because it's in an area away from all seams. Our tech and insurance rep inspected outside and inside with a borescope and found that the dampness hard started to affect the insulation. Conclusion take up the roof, replace the affected plywood and replace. WOW, alot of work! We will keep you all posted when the process starts. Just in time for summer, perfect timing.
&lt;div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicationDiv"&gt;

My 3rd fifth wheel had the same problem. Branches are a culprit a significant amount of the time. It's actually more of a problem then people think. Every time that I stop in to a dealer close by he tells me of another roof damage unit from a pin hole (all brands). Like he says it isn't a matter of if, more then when.

We try to stay away from areas that are densely populated with trees. If there are trees around we look for the areas in that resort that have less trees around the site. We stayed at Wassamki Springs this weekend and had a site in the wide open. Very windy and rainy here in the Northeast this past weekend.

&lt;span style="line-height: 1.4;"&gt;Dave from Maine&lt;/span&gt;
I actually have a pole pruner in my storage area, I had to trim a few branches at the State Park I stayed in last week, the host drove by and said nothing.
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #29
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
I've seen too many campgrounds where the trees should be trimmed back. For that reason the roof should be checked after each trip. Another reason I didn't get slide toppers, I'm on the roof all the time anyway.

It sure would be nice if the RV manufactures could come up with a less fragile roofing system. In the old days we had the tin roofs but they had to be coated each year with tar. I some times wonder if they shouldn't go back to those roofs.

Part of my emergency repair stuff are all the supplies for repairing the roof just in case.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
I've seen too many campgrounds where the trees should be trimmed back.¬* For that reason the roof should be checked after each trip.¬* Another reason I didn't get slide toppers, I'm on the roof all the time anyway.¬*

It sure would be nice if the RV manufactures could come up with a less fragile roofing system.¬* In the old days we had the tin roofs but they had to be coated each year with tar.¬* I some times wonder if they shouldn't go back to those roofs.

Part of my emergency repair stuff are all the supplies for repairing the roof just in case.
Here again maybe the Excel Rhino roof will catch on. I 'm not getting on my roof due to my weight, Have a 5 month check up Saturday and they can handle it..
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
RollsRoyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 693
Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce
BUDDYWHAT IS THIS 5 MONTH CHECK UP YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT...IS YHIS SOMETHING YOU DECIDED PERSONALLY TO DO OR DID YOUR DEALER JUST MAKE THIS UP TO EARN XTRA MONEY?NOW, IF YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN JUST BEING CAUTIOUS THAT IS ANOTHER STORY AND IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD....THEN GOOD FOR YOU
__________________
Royce & Rachel Stanley
2008 F250 6.4 Diesel
6speed Auto SRW
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Campers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce
BUDDYWHAT IS THIS 5 MONTH CHECK UP YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT...IS YHIS SOMETHING YOU DECIDED PERSONALLY TO DO OR DID YOUR DEALER JUST MAKE THIS UP TO EARN XTRA MONEY?NOW, IF YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN JUST BEING CAUTIOUS THAT IS ANOTHER STORY AND IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD....THEN GOOD FOR YOU










Check out the Redwood Home Page. It is the DSC and it is a free 6 month check up. Very interesting. Don't know if they will back date and do one after a year.



All the Best .

__________________
Bud & Lois
Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce
BUDDYWHAT IS THIS 5 MONTH CHECK UP YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT...IS YHIS SOMETHING YOU DECIDED PERSONALLY TO DO OR DID YOUR DEALER JUST MAKE THIS UP TO EARN XTRA MONEY?NOW, IF YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN JUST BEING CAUTIOUS THAT IS ANOTHER STORY AND IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD....THEN GOOD FOR YOU










Check out the Redwood Home Page. It is the DSC and it is a free 6 month check up. Very interesting. Don't know if they will back date and do one after a year.



All the Best .

I just downloader our cert. It saysit MUST betake it to the original dealer (1200 miles away)...that won't happen. Called RW. They were firm. Has to be original dealer...oh well.
__________________
Steve and Mickie
Arlington, WA
2015 Chev 3500 4x4 HD D/A
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
No charge for the 3 month, 5 month or yearly, just something they do down here in the south. I have two a year until the 5 years are up no charge.
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Buddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 514
I'm 48 miles from my dealer.
__________________
2012 Ford F450 Lariat FX4 dually, 2013 Redwood 36FB Red and Black Painted
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,101
Its just an offer from what I see, not a requirement.I would think you could pay another dealer to inspect it.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
COLJDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 567
In my Redwood's Owner Manual there is a page entitled Inspection and Service Certificate. It has a place for your VIN and data for a qualified crossroads RV Dealership. No where on that page does it state that you must return your coach to the selling dealership to have your annual certification and inspection completed. My annual inspection was completed by a Redwood Dealership, and not the one I purchased my coach from. I sent a copy of the completed certificate to Redwood/Crossroads service for their file and retained the original.
__________________
John and "Sam"
COLJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Grandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 304


My 36RL is16 monthsold. To my knowledge, at the time of purchase this six month inspection was not mandated by Redwood. It appears thatthey are trying to getbuyers toreturn totheir purchase dealer. It'll be a cold day in you know where before I go back to those clowns!I have located a Crossroads RV dealer that is close to home and does an exceptional job.
__________________
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa

My 36RL is16 monthsold. To my knowledge, at the time of purchase this six month inspection was not mandated by Redwood. It appears thatthey are trying to getbuyers toreturn totheir purchase dealer. It'll be a cold day in you know where before I go back to those clowns!I have located a Crossroads RV dealer that is close to home and does an exceptional job.

When I called RW they said it was being paid for in partby the selling dealer.
__________________
Steve and Mickie
Arlington, WA
2015 Chev 3500 4x4 HD D/A
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 113


Very interisting posts. On May 15 2013 I called Redwood and spoke with one Leonard Neilson. He ststed to me that ANY certified RV dealer could do the yearly inspection. It did not have to be a Redwood dealer. I double checked after riffraf posted that he had gotten the same information. Mr Neilson stated just to have the inspection and get them a copy. So what is the truth on what to do? Who really knows at this point. I have done as Mr Neilson stated. No problems yet. Perhaps it just depends who you talk to.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×