Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1

http://www.excelrvs.com/news-events/...ry-2013/#Rhino

I wonder if it would void the 5 year structural warrant after the 2 year warranty is over?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #2

Hey Buddy... have you gotten an estimated cost to put the Rhino on your unit? Can you share that with us? I love the idea of replacing a thin sheet of plastic with a material that will probably still be there when the coach goes to it's final resting place.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa

Hey Buddy...Â*Â* have you gotten an estimated cost to put the Rhino on your unit?Â* Can you share that with us?Â* I love the idea of replacing a thin sheet of plastic with a material that will probably still be there when the coach goes to it's final resting place.
Not yet, I still have a year and a half if it don't affect the 5 year warranty and I'm sure they will be cheaper then and more Rhino dealers doing them. I am curious though.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #4

Just called and talked to a receptionist, the tech's. are gone for the day, I will call back tomorrow at 8:00 central time and post what I find out.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #5

Great! Thank you!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #6

Got in touch with Excel Service department, The roof is gray on top and they do around the sides in white so you don't see the gray from the ground, they remove the rubber roofs on other units and the vinyl alpha ply roof on the Redwood. They change the gaskets on the A/C units and vents. The weight he said is the same or little difference. The price for a 36' RV at 102" wide is 6240.00. You can see the color on the Excel website under Rhino roof.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #7

Thanks for the research! It's a great idea. I'm curious as to how the spray on surface will hold up to the torquing and shock that these units get in transit. Since the material is sprayed on and dries to a solid surface, shouldwe be concernedabout it cracking and pealing from road wear? I've had a roof replaced with the vinyl recently and the cost was around $4k so by the time I'm ready to consider a new roof the price should be comparable.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa
Thanks for the research!Â* It's a great idea.Â* I'm curious as to how the spray on surface will hold up to the torquing and shock that these units get in transit.Â* Since the material is sprayed on and dries to a solid surface, shouldÂ*we be concernedÂ*about it cracking and pealing from road wear?Â* I've had a roof replaced with the vinyl recently and the cost was around $4k so by the time I'm ready to consider a new roof the price should be comparable.Â*
They have to take the vinyl roof off so it will bond, I have it on my F450 and almost every truck I've owned and threw stuff in the back without even denting it. They are putting them on at the Excel main factory along with their new coaches. I think this will catch on fast and become an option. "I'm always a day late and a dollar short".
Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #9

With a RINO roof, will it ever need replacing?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifRaff
With a RINO roof, will it ever need replacing?
It comes with a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #11
Site Team

I've always thought the the RV roofs were fragile and wondered why the RV manufactures hadn't come up with a better idea. Maybe this is the answer
Old 05-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #12

My last commercial lobster boat had rhino lining on the deck and engine box and had no trouble with it. Talk about flexing.

Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote