Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2016, 05:23 AM   #1

residential refer door questions

Just purchased a 2016 38RL and are very excited about it. We intend to full time it for a few years, and this unit will be home.
I will have lots of questions in the future, I'm sure, but right now I have refrigerator issues. For starters, how do you keep the doors on the residential fridge from opening when traveling, and have any of you had trouble with your ice maker not making ice. I get cold water but no ice, unit switch is on and the auger is free and turning, but no ice is being produced.
Thanks in advance.

Don
Don S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:34 AM   #2

Congratulations on your RW.

For the fridge, mine came with straps that loop through the door handles. You might want to check under the fridge or in in the drawers by the fridge.

Not sure about the ice maker since are getting cold water.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #3

Ours is a Whirlpool with the freezer drawer, and has a large knob with bolt that screws in at the intersection of the two doors and the freezer drawer. Look to see if there is a bolt hole there. This knob then holds all the drawers shut tight.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:21 AM   #4

Congrats on your new RW!

My frig is the French door w/ bottom freezer drawer model - I have a single bolt w/ plastic knob that screws into a threaded socket right between all 3 (2 doors, 1 drawer). Might look to see if you have the treaded socket installed, if so, maybe to bolt got lost...

Ice maker - there is a on/off switch inside the front ice maker cover - you have to slide the cover out, then the switch is very noticeable. If its on, might be time for a service call..

Good Luck and Congrats again!!!
830hvacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I installed one of these on mine as it had a velcro strip through the handles to keep them shut. The newer trailers should have the screw in knobs that everyone else has
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150808_101938.jpg (83.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #6

thanks for all the info, I think I found the problem with the ice maker, ice in the fill tube, I thawed it and am now waiting for the results.
As for the door, I located two predrilled screw holes between the fridge doors. I think they forgot to install the locking bolt mentioned above. One more thing for the dealer to sort out when I take it in to do the punch list.
Don S is offline   Reply With Quote