Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2020, 11:55 PM   #1

Refrigerator suddenly goes to LP mode

I was working by the stove and heard a noise. Figured out the fridge had switched to LP mode. It was set to auto and we had shore power. I turned it on and off several times and it would always select LP. Then one time it selected AC and it has been fine ever since. Anybody experienced this before? We have the Norcold model 12101M.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #2

I would suggest you take a really close look at the 120v power and where it connect to the refrigerator outlet and possible the connections where the slide connects to the main coach. It sounds like the outlet behind the refrigerator doesn't have power at it some time. The power goes into the control board then the control decides if its set to 120v power or swaps over to 12vdc / LP for cooling to start. Does the stove have any 120v power on it? they could have run the power through one outlet to the next and had a bad connection at the stove ?????
Old 10-07-2020, 05:26 AM   #3

Does all other 120 volt appliances work ok?
Do you have a surge protector/EMS connected to your shore power? If not you should have!!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #4

Well I checked all the connections I could find. All were tight. I couldn't tell where it gets it's power from and it was back on AC before I could start checking appliances. It makes sense it taps into the microwave power plug but the time never reset on it so it did not lose power. I did not have my electrical tester so I could not do any testing. I was connected to a 30 amp plug so it's not like I lost one phase. I guess the line voltage could have dropped below 108 V, but without my tester I will never know. Bottom line is it didn't last very long, and it didn't happen again so it will be a mystery. Thanks for your thoughts.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote