Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2015, 10:38 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I just priced out a 2016 38RL from them... it was close to $42,000.00 MORE as Equipped .. that was after the discount.. close to $80,000.00 more before the discount.. I could buy a second trailer and use it for spare parts
You know that spare trailer just might be the ticket
Old 10-15-2015, 10:47 PM   #42
Site Team

I think someone has their prices wrong.

It was my understanding that they were going to be the price point of the Mobile suites and if that's the case they're going to be a little higher but not extreme.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #43

Quote:
I just priced out a 2016 38RL from them... it was close to $42,000.00 MORE as Equipped .. that was after the discount.. close to $80,000.00 more before the discount.. I could buy a second trailer and use it for spare parts
Ya I used their website and got up to $176K/133K pretty fast with similar options to what I have now and the same floorplan.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #44
Site Team

Maybe I'm missing something but I just saw a 2016 38RL on line that looked pretty loaded up with a residential stainless steel fridge, washer/dryer and generator for 120K. The interior looked pretty good to me.

That's the same price I almost paid for a Mobile Suites Memphis last Spring
Old 10-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #45

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Dave
If you go to August a rv they have a build sheet like the automotive manufactors. It gives all the differences models with the base price and you can choose from the options.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:18 PM   #46
Site Team

There's always so much talk room in RVs I never bother with the dream sheet. I did a google search on the RV and a few popped up. I consider the dealer advertised prices as REAL WORLD prices and we start negotiating from there. If a few dealers are all asking the same price.....disregard the factory dream price.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:07 AM   #47

It's amazing to me that a product can come to market and be rejected out of hand by folks who have absolutely no knowledge of the manufacturer, or who have never seen the product. Now I admit, I have no first hand knowledge of the product myself but I absolutely trust the info that is coming to me. The Luxe, well appointed, was available for sale at the Hershey Show for well south of the 150 mark. And I think it's difficult to compare this coach to our RWs for the simple reason that there are some significant (IMHO) features that are standard in the Luxe. Not only do you have what I mentioned above but how about a 16 gal hot water tank, two 15K BTU A/C units, 1800W inverter, soft touch walls and ceilings (like my former Arctic Fox - very nice), LED lighting, etc.

I know we all (well, most of us) love our Redwoods, but let's not be blind to what I think are changes in the marketplace that we all have been stamping our feet to see.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:43 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
I don't know who provided that pricing to you, but it's not even close. And if you're happy with your Redwood, that's what counts.
Directly on their website is a function to order one direct... It gives you the MSRP... And the discounted to you price..
Go on and look fit yourself.. And by the way , I am happy with mine...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Directly on their website is a function to order one direct... It gives you the MSRP... And the discounted to you price..
Go on and look fit yourself.. And by the way , I am happy with mine...
I'm not in the habit of ordering $100+K items off the internet.
And that makes two of us.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:22 AM   #50

Augusta makes two lines: high end Luxe (more like DRV) and the Ambition, which is more on par with Redwood. Vaughan and I toured their factory and have spent a good deal of time looking at their units. For the most part, we liked what we saw, especially with what was underneath - great chassis, IS, Dexter axels, disc brakes...if not standard, available as an option on either line. Kitchens seemed designed for people who truly like to cook. What was missing, and frankly has been missing on any RV we've ever looked at, is Redwood's storage. I personally also believe that Redwood's interior decor is the best around. Now we've been told that Augusta is revamping its interior somewhat to allow for more storage, but haven't seen an actual unit with the new layout. Always seems to come down to some sort of compromise. For us, the structural integrity of a unit is more important than closet space.

As far as pricing goes, to help set the record straight, Hershey show, Ambitions were running 90ish; Luxes were $115ish.

I am curious as to what you all would look for in a new 5th wheel. I know this has been bantered about before, but I think I'll renew the topic as a separate thread. I think (hope) powers that be are listening and it might be worth repeating our wants/needs.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:42 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Take it from someone who has done it......the additional money spent for quality build is worth it. However........everyone claims to be better built so sometimes its hard to pick the fly sh%t out of the pepper.
Guess that is why pepper spray works so well
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:31 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
Augusta makes two lines: high end Luxe (more like DRV) and the Ambition, which is more on par with Redwood. Vaughan and I toured their factory and have spent a good deal of time looking at their units. For the most part, we liked what we saw, especially with what was underneath - great chassis, IS, Dexter axels, disc brakes...if not standard, available as an option on either line. Kitchens seemed designed for people who truly like to cook. What was missing, and frankly has been missing on any RV we've ever looked at, is Redwood's storage. I personally also believe that Redwood's interior decor is the best around. Now we've been told that Augusta is revamping its interior somewhat to allow for more storage, but haven't seen an actual unit with the new layout. Always seems to come down to some sort of compromise. For us, the structural integrity of a unit is more important than closet space.

As far as pricing goes, to help set the record straight, Hershey show, Ambitions were running 90ish; Luxes were $115ish.

I am curious as to what you all would look for in a new 5th wheel. I know this has been bantered about before, but I think I'll renew the topic as a separate thread. I think (hope) powers that be are listening and it might be worth repeating our wants/needs.
Let me see if I can get my thoughts together enough to tell you exactly what I want in a fifth wheel. I love the interior of the Redwood, when I purchased mine. The wood curved wall was beautiful, and I love the stainless steel two compartment sink. I would've kept those items. I would change the location of the batteries to a side compartment(easy access) I would have individual switches for each slide so I don't have to crawl on my knees to turn one off. I would want a better access point for sewer hookup. Right now I have to get on my knees to hook up my sewer line. I would look for a better slide seal system as the Redwood system seems to be problematic(the bulb seals seem to split and require frequent replacement.) I would definitely require disk brakes and an IS system or equivalent. To me , you can do without the led lighting on the front, awnings, and around countertops. I would look at residential refrigerator with appropriate invertor. I may be missing something, but these are items I definitely think should be a requirement. I also require a one- piece shower unit and plush or commercial grade carpet. I do not like the Frieze carpet in a fifth wheel. I would also choose granite or quartz countertops in a high end unit.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:48 PM   #53

I can't find the thread, but I know one was started that addressed what we would like to see in the "perfect" fifth/RW RV.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:01 PM   #54

I think what I am trying to assess is what would people like and what are they willing to pay to have. If we all had the coach of our dreams, it would probably be a custom number hitting closer to the 200k mark rather than 100k. For us, that's not realistic for a 5th wheel, especially if you're then adding 60-70k for a truck.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:10 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Let me see if I can get my thoughts together enough to tell you exactly what I want in a fifth wheel. I love the interior of the Redwood, when I purchased mine. The wood curved wall was beautiful, and I love the stainless steel two compartment sink. I would've kept those items. I would change the location of the batteries to a side compartment(easy access) I would have individual switches for each slide so I don't have to crawl on my knees to turn one off. I would want a better access point for sewer hookup. Right now I have to get on my knees to hook up my sewer line. I would look for a better slide seal system as the Redwood system seems to be problematic(the bulb seals seem to split and require frequent replacement.) I would definitely require disk brakes and an IS system or equivalent. To me , you can do without the led lighting on the front, awnings, and around countertops. I would look at residential refrigerator with appropriate invertor. I may be missing something, but these are items I definitely think should be a requirement. I also require a one- piece shower unit and plush or commercial grade carpet. I do not like the Frieze carpet in a fifth wheel. I would also choose granite or quartz countertops in a high end unit.
I agree about the curved wood wall and double-sink. I also agree with you on the LED lighting, except for maybe a little accent. Too much looks like a disco to me. I might skip the carpet all together and just go with area rugs. We have the Quartz countertops, which I love, but would have to think about the weight trade off in the future.

The residential fridge seems to be becoming more popular. Would you be interested in a residential oven?
Old 10-19-2015, 01:07 AM   #56

Went to the free RV show at Phoenix Stadium today, and toured the Augusta Luxe. Equipped with Mor-Ryde IS and MorRyde pin box, but interior still seems a bit below our Redwoods. Also had Goodyear 17.5 tires, but the inside seemed a little cheesy compared to the look of the Redwood. Yay, I'm still happy.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 AM   #57

Vaughan and Tracy, I would be interested in an apartment sized stove/oven which would probably run on 110V but I really wouldn't want a full size 240V oven. We just don't use it that much and the microwave/convection can do most of what we would use it for.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:22 AM   #58

I really like the idea of getting away from "RV" built products. The more the manufacturers switch to residential products the easier it becomes to replace or fix and usually much less expensive for the RV owner. It can be done with plumbing fixtures, light/electrical fixtures,cabinets, floors and probably much more.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:17 AM   #59

I'm all for the RV appliances over the residential, and would love to have the new 18 cf Norcold! Next time.

I was really dissapointed when they took the curved wood out, but the new ones have their own appeal.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #60

The new 2016 Jayco Designer Luxury Fifth wheel looks promising. Titan Disc brakes, 8,000 lb axles, 17.5" H range Goodyear tires, Morryde LRE4100 system, 102 inch wide, 20 gallon hot water heater, 3 inch walls, roof and side walls prepped for solar, etc. I was always impressed with Jayco quality and was looking real hard at them before I purchased my RW. If I was buying again I would look at this one. Looks a lot better than the Augsuta RV on the inside.
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote