Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2013, 04:38 AM   #1

Just wondering how many people are full timing it in their Redwoods. It is sold as a full time coach which means to me spend 7/24/365 in the heat/cold and outdoor elements without cover. Will the roofs and exterior really hold up with just keeping them clean and waxed. Most people I have met that are full time or snowbirds stay a month or so and move on which is my desire when the wife retires.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #2

This is a full time camp host and friend I met at Lake Bruin State Park and his life on the road.

http://turnwhentheroaddoes.com/
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
This is a full time camp host and friend I met at Lake Bruin State Park and his life on the road.

http://turnwhentheroaddoes.com/
We are thinking seriously of making the change next year. I will follow their adventure with interest.

Thanks!!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #4

I have been full timing in my Redwood since the day I picked him up - July 2012.... It went through summer, fall, winter, and now back to spring and summer in MN. Temps this winter were as low as -22 before windchill factor. The coach did flawless. Other than the coach currently needing a good bath from all the storms this week, it still looks brand new. Total miles on it are just over 6,000 so far this year. I would like to keep this one about five more years before trading in for the latest and greatest...I hope it will look as good as my eight year old Montana did when I traded it in.

Edited by: Enroute
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroute
That's encouraging , thanks.

I have been full timing in my Redwood since the day I picked him up - July 2012.... It went through summer, fall, winter, and now back to spring and summer in MN.Â* Temps this winter were as low as -22 before windchill factor. The coach did flawless.Â* Other than the coach currently needing a good bath from all the storms this week, it still looks brand new.Â* Total miles on it are just over 6,000 so far this year.Â* I would like to keep this one about five more years before trading in for the latest and greatest...I hope it will look as good as my eight year old Montana did when I traded it in.Â*
Old 06-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #6

We full-time in central Texas and have since 2005. We got our RW in March, 2012. It did much better than the Jayco Designer we had. Not near as cold as MN, but the high temps were equally brutal. The RW has performed very well and it took a full year before we had to switch to the second 40# bottle of LP. Overall, very pleased and plan to stay with RW for a long time to come.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #7

Did you frequently change your propane tanks & how did you keep the water pipes from freezing?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #8

WE been full timing camphost for over 2 years in our 2012 36RW. We are very happy with the unit. We move every 3 to 4 months. We have had very few problems happy to say. We been in all types of weather with out a problem.
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroute
I have been full timing in my Redwood since the day I picked him up - July 2012.... It went through summer, fall, winter, and now back to spring and summer in MN.Â* Temps this winter were as low as -22 before windchill factor. The coach did flawless.Â* Other than the coach currently needing a good bath from all the storms this week, it still looks brand new.Â* Total miles on it are just over 6,000 so far this year.Â* I would like to keep this one about five more years before trading in for the latest and greatest...I hope it will look as good as my eight year old Montana did when I traded it in.Â*
In the winter, how often do you have to change your propane tanks & how do you keep your water lines from freezing?