Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2020, 03:03 PM   #1

Redwood Dealership in NY

Morning all,
By chance, has anyone on the forum had any dealings with Wilkins RV in either Churchville or Bath, NY? We may be ordering a Redwood with them and want to know if anyone has had any experience with them.

Thanks in advance!
ljvda1221@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #2

No but if you do proceed please update on your experience, especially for service. We originally purchased our unit up in the Rochester area at a dealer that Wilkins bought out. I've always done my own maintenance but have been looking for a reputable Redwood service center within a few hours drive. From the highway it looks like Wilkins, Bath certainly has a substantial service operation.

Good luck in your endeavors. For what it's worth take your time, it really has paid us dividends that we took the time to have our unit custom built with all the heavy duty suspension options and other options we wanted instead of taking a unit off the lot.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljvda1221@gmail.com View Post
Morning all,
By chance, has anyone on the forum had any dealings with Wilkins RV in either Churchville or Bath, NY? We may be ordering a Redwood with them and want to know if anyone has had any experience with them.

Thanks in advance!
Hello,
I live up the street in Bradford NY, I have a very clean 2016 redwood for sale with only 3500 miles on it. If you are interested before you by new stop by and look it over.
Al
ferrara98283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
No but if you do proceed please update on your experience, especially for service. We originally purchased our unit up in the Rochester area at a dealer that Wilkins bought out. I've always done my own maintenance but have been looking for a reputable Redwood service center within a few hours drive. From the highway it looks like Wilkins, Bath certainly has a substantial service operation.

Good luck in your endeavors. For what it's worth take your time, it really has paid us dividends that we took the time to have our unit custom built with all the heavy duty suspension options and other options we wanted instead of taking a unit off the lot.
Will do, Terry, thanks.

Since my original post, we have placed an order for a 2021 RW4001LK. We are hoping it will be ready late May, early June.

Lisa, Bill & Kiana (our spoiled Malamute)
2020 Chevy Silverado High Country CC DRW
2021 Redwood 4001LK "Big Blue"
ljvda1221@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:09 PM   #5

We bought a slightly used 2016 39mb from Wilkins in bath from Helen. She was great and very familiar with the 5th wheels they had. This was before they were a redwood dealer. The redwood was a pos and i would never recommend anyone spending their hard earned money on one. I hope you understand the huge loss you are taking on buying new but that is your business. As far as Wilkins go I haven't had any dealings with them since i bought it other than the first problem i had was a water leak coming from a leak in the water line for the ice maker which was not winterized properly. They told be they would take care of it if I brought it to them. I live in Chautauqua county and it is an over 3 hour drive on pos I86. I fixed it myself. Make sure they don't rush you through the orientation process. I hope you have better luck with yours than we did with ours. We kept ours for about 18 months and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Total junk in my opinion.
Chief AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:59 PM   #6

We bought our 39MB15 back in 2014 from Ballantyne in Victor NY before they became Wilkins RV . Since the management has changed our thoughts may not be relevant. That being said overall they did a fair job. Some issues that can apply to any dealer were 1. They threw in a hitch that made the deal. Since I have a Dodge truck I reminded them that it required an adapter in the bed for the Reese hitch. When we went to pick up the trailer they had not ordered the adapter. They did have someone bring the trailer to our house that day, and ordered and installed the adapter later, but it was another 3 hour round trip to get installed. 2. I believe a dealer should do a pre-inspection and fix any obvious problems before the client arrives to get the walk through and pick up the trailer. There were dirt issues, a missing closet bracket, a couple of loose screws and a couple of other things that showed up on our inspection. Everything was fixed then, but added time to our pickup. 3. Months later I went to winterize the trailer I opened the battery box and discovered only 1 battery. Reading on this forum most said there should have been 2 batteries. I did not pursue this with the dealer, but I probably should have. I am not a big believer in any type of dealer be it a car dealer or RV dealer so for most problems I will fix myself or find another mechanic to fix. I have never had reason to take the 5th wheel to any dealer, so I have no experience with their service department other then ordering and installing the 5th wheel adapter. I hope this helps.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote