Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 06:41 PM   #1

Redwood 3901WB Cable TV Connections

Hello Everyone,

Just picked up our new 3901WB and loving it. Pulling it with a Dodge 3500 Dully Diesel. There are all kinds of cable connections and not one is marked as to what it is for, Sat, Ant, or Cable. In the Storage area there are two cable connections. I have hooked a TV up to the both connections and ran the channel search for both Cable and Ant, and neither found any channels. We are connected to Cable through the RV site and both the inside TV's are picking up the stations. So I guess my questions is, is there a switch to turn on those outside cable connections?

Thank you for you input.
Tom
We Travel not to Escape life, But for life not to Escape us.
BibaDushiRVLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #2

Sorry Tom, but this has been going on since the 1st RW rolled off the line. Your best bet is to purchase/borrow the cable trace tool & mark your own as the cable on every unit seem to be just enough different so that it's difficult to give good advice. They also are very good at hiding splitters in the ceiling & hide n seek with the antenna booster.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #3

Thank you very much!
BibaDushiRVLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #4

I believe those outside cables are input for cable and portable satellite. Not sure how they would work for output. On mine one goes to the living room and one to the bedroom
Old 03-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #5

I have the same exact unit and truck and had the same problem. I took it to Campingworld and let them figure it all out when I had a DirectTV dish installed.
Johnzo is offline   Reply With Quote