Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2016, 04:39 AM   #1

Redwood 36fl

Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for some time and finally feel like part of the family! Haha I just purchased a 2013 redwood 36fl...I can't wait to use it I have been researching fifth wheels for over two years and decided on a redwood. Unfortunately, I have no redwood dealer anywhere near me, so I relied on the internet to answer my questions. The number one question about the 36fl was the overall length. No matter which website I ended up on, it was unanimous, 39'7". I bring my (new to me) redwood home and I come up with 41'7" (not including the ladder). This is our first rv of any kind, so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed LOL...
Lvngthegdlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #2

Congrats on your new RW. The FL is a big rig, but it will pull real nice. Find a place to practice some maneuvering before you hit the road. Enjoy!
Old 04-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
Site Team

Same as Dean said. Welcome to our group ! Go find a big parking lot and practice and it will become a lot easier. Our RW was also our first RV (lots of boats before).

Now we are to the point that I'm totally comfortable pulling it and will look at a tight driveway and say no problem.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #4

Congratulations on your RW purchase! We also purchased a 36FL model and it is perfect for us...we have lived/traveled in it full time for three years. Yes it's big; however, with the right vehicle it tows great. Enjoy!

Bob
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #5

Welcome and Congratulations on your RW!!! You will love it and the adventures are just beginning.
We are also proud owners of the 36FL.

Steve
Old 05-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #6

We too have a 36FL 2012 Love it! Welcome to the group and hope to see you at the rally in Aug.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:50 AM   #7
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvngthegdlf View Post
Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for some time and finally feel like part of the family! Haha I just purchased a 2013 redwood 36fl...I can't wait to use it I have been researching fifth wheels for over two years and decided on a redwood. Unfortunately, I have no redwood dealer anywhere near me, so I relied on the internet to answer my questions. The number one question about the 36fl was the overall length. No matter which website I ended up on, it was unanimous, 39'7". I bring my (new to me) redwood home and I come up with 41'7" (not including the ladder). This is our first rv of any kind, so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed LOL...
Glad to have you on board, I have been told that the 39.7 is the interior length

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #8

Most of the lengths listed in the RW Sales Brochures is the length from the center of the King Pin to the rear of the unit, less ladder. Overall length tip to tail is approx 1.5 feet longer than sales brochure.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:21 AM   #9

Congrats on 36fl
We also got 13 36fl we love the lay out and the space.
Do not hesitate on asking questions lots of people here to help with all the little and big stuff you'll have to learn.
Kaidocl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #10

Thanks everyone!
Lvngthegdlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvngthegdlf View Post
Congrats on your new Redwood. We have been very happy with our 2013 FL. Your measured length is about right. The published RW weight could be significantly lower than actual weight. We changed out our drum brakes for the Titan disc brakes and then changed out the 16-inch E-rated tires that came with the RW for 17.5 inch H-rated tires and added a tire pressure monitoring system. Next project on my list is to upgrade the shackle links to thicker ones and replace the plastic spring bushings with metal ones. Lippert has a kit for this and will most likely go with their kit as the price is great.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote