Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #1

Redwood 36FB

Does anyone know, or have any idea how many of the 36FB model units Redwood build before discontinuing it from their choice of available floorplans? We have a 2013 version of this floorplan that we purchased new from Lazydays in Seffner, FL that year, and absolutely love it!!! It was one of the first Thor builds after the acquisition of Redwood by Thor, and I must say that the workmanship is impeccable from the floor up. The finish work in the cabinetry, trim work, and all of the interior finish, along with the florplan itself with all of the storage it has for fulltime living is what swayed us from DRV's Mobile Suites and their comparable floorplan at the time. Personally, we felt it was the best thought out floorplan Redwood had to offer at the time, and seemed to be a popular one at that! I don't know if the fact this unit was a customer order rather than a spec model typically built and palce upon a dealer's lot in hopes of a buyer coming along and purchasing it had any difference in the quality of the build, I would hope not.

Yet in 2018 when I was looking at redwood's online brochere, this model was no longer being offered and to date is still not being offered to date is still not available. When I contacted Redwood about them having discontinued manufacturing the 36FB and if and when they might be reintroducing it in their model line-up, they said that there were no plans at that time to reintroduce the 36FB in the near or long range future. This leave us with no option but to keep the 2013 that we love so much or change bramds that offer a similar floorplan to the one we currently have. I don't really want to change, being that we are very happy with the Redwood product and the way they have backed their product. But if we chose to upgrade our fiver, it appears we have no choice. I even asked if they could custom build a new one for us, knowing it would probably cost more being that it would be a custom order, but they quickly declined that request.

Does anyone know why Redwood chose try stop producing whet seemed to be one of the most popular floorplans in their line up? This seems to be a common practice in the RV industry I've noticed.

The photos are of our 2013 36FB in our current Lead Host (campground manager) site at the state trailhead and campground that we manage year round for the state. Note the nice RV carport cover that they provide for their lead host. We love it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Host Site 3 (2).jpg (201.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3918 (3).jpg (238.4 KB, 19 views)
Eaton Fuller Super 10-speed Transmission
ET Senior Fifthwheel Hitch,articulating air ride pin box
Resident Lead Host @ Ross Prairie Trailhead & Campground
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #2

Ours was also a '13, same color as yours & also agree it was the absolute best floorplan, for us anyway, that they offered when we ordered ours.
The dealer was pushing the FL model really hard, but for us as fulltimers that floorplan had very little front under storage & only 2 little closets at the foot of the bed each about at foot wide, which in our case would've never worked.
The RL model, which at the time seemed the most popular, we felt the bedroom felt very close/cramped & we really liked the separate water closet.
The RE model was basically the same as the RL with the entertainment center in the rear, we didn't like the fact that every seat in it had to turn 90 degrees to watch TV.
If I recall the '15 or '16s were the last that the FB was offered, but don't bet money on my memory.
Now they have so many new & different floor plans that I've not looked at, it would be a whole new adventure.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:05 AM   #3

2017 Is when they changed all the model numbers and there was no floor plan like the FB. It was still avail in 2015, but I don't have a 2016 Brochure, so don't know if was avail then or not.
As for any of the new RWs, you couldn't give us one. We looked at the 2020 MB floor plan like ours at the Rally and they took away probably at least half of the inside storage so it just wouldn't work for us as "Most Timers"
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
2017 Is when they changed all the model numbers and there was no floor plan like the FB. It was still avail in 2015, but I don't have a 2016 Brochure, so don't know if was avail then or not.
As for any of the new RWs, you couldn't give us one. We looked at the 2020 MB floor plan like ours at the Rally and they took away probably at least half of the inside storage so it just wouldn't work for us as "Most Timers"

Even Us weekend warriors have issues with the storage... We had to improvise when we go the 2020...

BUT, the other brands we were looking at were the same way.
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote