Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
Site Team

Redwood

There's been several threads on this forum about the Redwood brand and although there's been some criticism (both earned and unearned)not all is doom and gloom.

We had our unit (36RL) for 3 years to the day and it was a pleasurable experience and because of this, it was a very tough decision to trade it off. I didn't get phone calls from the customer service folks asking about my experiences or needs but they were there when I called them to inquire about issues either for myself or for some of the folks on this forum. For that reason my hat is off to them.

In the 3 years I pulled my trailer more than most owners and that meant more shaking and jumping over rough roads. My Redwood held together and served us very well. In those 3 years of ownership I did have 2 major problems and Redwood happily took care of both of them. #1 we had de-lamination on the side and #2 they rebuilt my suspension. I always received the same respect that I extended toward the comapny and I feel they treated me fairly.

As many on here may know....I kind of study RVs (one of my weaknesses). Most all of the different manufactures go through periods of time where they make mistakes (either product or customer service) and then they rebuild. For example, the Entegra company went through a tough time in the 2011-2012 time period. They ended up replacing some QC folks and got everything to where it is today. Tiffin went through some bad years where they couldn't keep up with costumer service and now they're in the process of rebuilding today, trying to take back their market share. At the end of the original Holiday Rambler period they had some issues. The list can go on and on...

The key to all of this is that the RV companies recognize their failures and realize it's time to change for the better. From what I've seen on this forum, I believe and hope Redwood is now going through their changes to correct issues. This Rally can be a determining factor for the company and I hope they can address all the concerns that have been voiced on the forum and pull people together. After looking at all the fifth wheels out there, I don't believe for the money Redwood is that far out of line. I do believe though that competition is growing, so being as good as the competition isn't good enough......expectations have to be exceeded. Or as in the animal kingdom...the weak will not survive.

This will be the fourth and the largest rally to date for the company. I'm sure everybody will have a good time and everybody will be able to put faces with names. I seriously doubt it will come close to the fun as we had at the 2012 (first rally) but even if it's half as much fun....it will be worth attending.

I wish you all many miles of safe, happy and healthy times in your Redwoods
Old 08-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Well said Dave
Thank you
Old 08-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #3

Well that's awesome and I agree.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:05 AM   #4
Dan

Dave it almost seems like you like Redwood ha ha Its great to have you part of this forum, I enjoy your input

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:19 AM   #5

Dave,
Thanks for sharing your experience and perspectives.
MH

2014 36FB, 2012 F350 DRW,
Onan, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Satellite Internet, Comfort Ride Hitch
Current location: Ozarks, MO
Marilyn H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #6

Good words Dave!
Redwood seems to be moving in the right direction to stay in the game
[SIGPIC]
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #7

I agree: Companies are made and broken by their RESPONSE to problems. They ALL have problems. To this day, Jayco is a company I trust because even when they were having issues the owned up to it and fixed it, did NOT try to blame their customers. They are stronger today than ever. Redwood is having a bumpy road in a few areas. Time will tell if these are "growing pains" or "death rattles". People WANT to love the coach they bought. It's a mistake to make them feel foolish for buying it.

It usually goes like this:
New company produces great new product line, but doesn't make much profit while trying to gain market share.
Then company succeeds with their great product then try to make a profit and start cutting corners.
Customers retreat when these cut corners are reflected in the reason they bought the product in the first place. Word travels fast that the product is not what it used to be.

Bottom line: Reputation is always earned and must always be maintained. A good GM knows this and is able to walk that fine line between the two.

Right now we are watching formerly successful companies crash and burn by trying to shortcut this basic concept. As of right now, I think Redwood is having "growing pains". :-)

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #8

Thanks Dave! No matter what you have for an RV, you will always have your heart in a Redwood. See ya soon Bud
Old 08-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanyLife View Post
I agree: Companies are made and broken by their RESPONSE to problems. They ALL have problems. To this day, Jayco is a company I trust because even when they were having issues the owned up to it and fixed it, did NOT try to blame their customers. They are stronger today than ever.
I would agree, after owning two Jayco products, they have set the bar pretty high.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #10

Thank you, as always, for your thoughts and input. Looking forward to seeing you at the Rally!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote